cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer-a-friend

Kind333
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello guys,

I just refer-a-friend to Public Mobile and she set up at Walmart yesterday, but the staff did not enter my number when she helps to active the sim card. If anyhow I can fit it. 

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JC29  @Dogbert, moderators can now add referrals after activation.  People do not however get any bonus ie $10.

The number associates can call is only for activation issues and require a transaction ID or something similar and can only be done immideatly after activation. (or so I was told) 

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to hear your situation, it is better for you to connect with the moderator team and also tell your friend to connect with the moderator team  about the situation. Generally, they are quick and reasonable. Unfortunately, I am also not a big fan of Walmart when it comes to mobile phone activations. Good luck!

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a co-worker experience a similar, if not identical problem.  Once activated; cannot be undone.

The only way to start a new account with a new number.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think wherever the activation was done, they have a hotline that they can call for problems about activations and I think this is that kind of a problem.

I have read that you might be out of luck once your friend activates his or her number but then didn't do your referral but you can have your friend try to check with Walmart where they did the activations or as other people said here, try the moderator.  Just PM then to check if they can do something about it

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kind333  it is best that your friend contact the mods as they will need to verify her account with her.  they typically ask for a sms verification code or the person to log into their account.

Either way make sure she creates a selfserve profile

Kind333
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello guys,

I just refer-a-friend to Public Mobile and she set up at Walmart yesterday, but the staff did not enter my number when she helps to active the sim card. If anyhow I can fit it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.