cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend bonus if you activate a new friend by June 25

loves_tweet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received this text message, my question is does the friend and I both receive the $20 bonus and plus the $10?

The link doesn't really explain.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

@jfpsteve the $20 Bonus referral is a one time only.

However, you should still get 3 x$1 per month for the 3 referrals you just made

jfpsteve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text from Public Mobile on June 4th stating that I would receive a $20 bonus refer a friend reward from June 4th to June 25th for anyone I bring to P.M.    I have referred 3 friends during that time period but I only received 1 reward of $20.    Shouldn't I of gotten 3- $20 rewards or is this a 1 time reward of $20?   Thanks.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Right, but "one time only credit" like the $10 (once per referral), or "one time only credit" like you can only get it once (no matter how many referrals)?

@ottawa 

The $20 bonus referral credit is a one time only credit. Use each account's referral code that you recieved the text offer from pm.

The ported phone numbers will complete in a maximum of 2 hours.

@ottawa  yes, it is normal, before porting is completed, the PM phone can make outgoing but not receive incoming.    Just reboot your PM phone every 30 mins and try incoming calls.

Good thing will happen soon!!!!

ottawa

Thank you, we have 2 lines to get off our friends' Bell, I was hoping to put both on one but to be safe maybe I'll do 1 each. 🙂

I put the PM SIM into my backup Android phone. It reports the right phone #, says it's PM, etc. I left the Bell SIM in their existing phone (flipphone, so I don't recall exactly how to retrieve status). So both devices appear to work, but when I call the #, it rings on the Bell phone. And both can call out, both showing the same caller ID.

I'm glad I managed their expectations by saying 3hr, the confirmation text came incredibly fast (compared to my experience, which has always been mobile-to-voip.ms, considered a landline), so fast I was still navigating to my timer to see how long it  would take. 🙂 Debating whether better to have them come get their phone (and hope it works), or wait until I see it working. I think I'll do the latter for now.

@ottawa   on the safe side, I would refer one per account, I think

You can always open ticket with Mod to confirm.

For porting from Bell.  Once you reply YES to Bell SMS, you should be good (still, don't throw the SIM away, many made this mistake..)

Port should complete within 30 min to 2 hours from here.  Put your PM SIM card into the phone, reboot every 30 mins and try to see if you can receive incoming calls on PM

If still no luck after 2 hours, then you might want to confirm with the Porting support team (there is a phone number to call) for status.  But as I said, usually after the YES reply, it would be good.

ottawa

@Anonymous wrote:

that a Special Promotion SMS not to anyone, public mobile select customers they are not using the refer a friend and public mobile give to them a chance to getting one time $20 reward + $1 monthly for as long as your friend keeps their services active. 

Just checking, if I got the text I can get the $20 bonus multiple times (1 per referral)? We both got the text and I'd like to do 2 referrals from one of the accounts, but if it's a one-referral max then we'll each do one.

BTW, how do you know when the port from Bell to PM is complete? We got the "say yes if you want to port" from Bell and said yes, but I'm afraid to remove the Bell SIM in case they ask again.

Thanks.

=aw

@RedBean 

Yes but now you're batting 500.🤣🤣🤣

RedBean

@darlicious Haha thank you, I choose my battles wisely! 🙂 

@RedBean 

Woohoo! Your first solution! Congrats!

1/1....Impressive you're batting 1000!

@Anonymous 

The $10 bonus credit is added within 72 hours....but usually the next day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i believe With this Special Promotion, If you received the message, you can provide your referral Code to a friend and when they activate using it, you will get a $20 one time reward and then $1 monthly for as long as they keep their services active

And your friend, will get a one time $10 reward 48 hours after the activation

that a Special Promotion SMS not to anyone, public mobile select customers they are not using the refer a friend and public mobile give to them a chance to getting one time $20 reward + $1 monthly for as long as your friend keeps their services active.

Good Luck 

@RedBean 

Nice one....in like flynn and with the correct answer! Welcome to the community!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@loves_tweet   was the text like this?

PM-Special_Fd_referral_smsPM-Special_Fd_referral_sms

if  so, you will get the special $20 bonus as well as the usual $1/month

For your friend, it will be the usual $10

RedBean

Hey! 

I believe the original refer-a-friend deal is still in place (your friend receives a one time $10 and you receive $1 a month for as long as they stay active). Then with this month's deal, you (but not your friend) will also receive a $20 one time bonus. 

It looks like this gets applied on June 28 if you're eligible, so you won't see it in your account until then if I'm correct.

Hope this helps! 

Need Help? Let's chat.