cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery of my phone number lost due lack of payment more than 90 days.

nantsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I traveled outside Canada and return only few days back. My previous phone number was deactivated around 16 December 2020. How can I recover my phone number ?

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nazare 

The main factor is whether your phone number was originally a pm/koodo/telus phone number?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@NazareI've read rumours of people succeeding in this but it seems very unlikely. Can you tell us the first 6 digits of your number if you don't mind us knowing the general area of where it comes from.

Nazare

Hi dear I need help get my phone number back too ,did you get help ? 

Please tell me how to please.

@nantsa 

Its a Christmas miracle! Sometimes the stars align or maybe in your case the planets have aligned. Under the right circumstances and some stellar luck your account was only recently deactivated, your number was originally from within the telus family ( likely a pm #),  you contacted the moderators on a slow day so your service request was prioritized. And you got a motivated moderator in the Christmas spirit.

Be sure to ask for a review link to rate your customer service today.

@Finesse wrote:

Unfortunately, after more than 90 days, after the number is deleted by the system, it cannot be restored, you can only purchase a new card to register again

This isn't quite true. A phone number doesn't simply just get "deleted". While the account gets closed and the number goes into inactive status, the number still exists. While someone wanting to still be a customer will still need to open a new Public Mobile account, it is still possible to get an old phone number back in some cases, but Public Mobile just can't guarantee it.

Finesse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately, after more than 90 days, after the number is deleted by the system, it cannot be restored, you can only purchase a new card to register again

@nantsa That's very good you got the number back.  The longer it's cancelled, the worse.the chances are. It it went back into available numbers,your chances would have been lower and if they already have it to someone, moderators wouldn't have got it for you.

nantsa

Hi !

Thank you so much. I have contacted the Moderator Team and the number was recovered.

Marry Christmas!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days account is deleted and gone.

Have you tried calling your old number? Did anyone answer or it said not in service?

Where is the number originally from? Was it a port in or given directly by PM at sign-up?

If it's not in use. You can sign up again and see if you'd be able to get it display on your 5 choices which can be refreshed. 

You can if you want contact moderators (if number is not in use) and see what they say.

Two ways to reach them.

Simon.JPG

  

Or private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You need a new sim card and you need to start a brand new account if you want to use PM again. You can use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@nantsa wrote:

I traveled outside Canada and return only few days back. My previous phone number was deactivated around 16 December 2020. How can I recover my phone number ?

@nantsa hi if has been more than 90 days suspended I don't think it's possible sorry 

Need Help? Let's chat.