cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover phone number from suspended account

mprl16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I went on a trip due to an internship outside of Canada for over 90 days and my account was suspended.

I got a new SIM card and im trying to recover my old phone number but unable to, i assume due to the acount being recently suspended.

9 REPLIES 9

@mprl16 wrote:

I was able to contact them and prove I was the owner of the original phone number and was able to get it back without much probem.

Thank you all for your answers and help

Interessant to know. Thanks for let us know the good news!!!

mprl16

I was able to contact them and prove I was the owner of the original phone number and was able to get it back without much probem.

Thank you all for your answers and help

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@mprl16 wrote:

It was a Public Mobile number, i ll try pm'ing them directly

You can try but there is no guarantee.  They shouldn't have already re-assigned it, but if it was, you will need new number.

Number are not immediately re-assigned, once a Public Mobile, Koodo & Telus Mobility Native Number is cancelled by the customer or Auto Cancelation after 90 days of no Top up's, it is held for 90 days before its released back into circulation /available numbers 

@mprl16 wrote:

You can try but there is no guarantee.  They shouldn't have already re-assigned it, but if it was, you will need new number.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mprl16  in the mean time activate your sim with a temporary number. in case they are able to  they can assign your account that number right away. if they can't at least you will  have a working mobile number.

fingers crossed

edit: in your message to them clarify that it was a public mobile number, and possibly date/dates it went inactive.

mprl16

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

was the number originally a telus/koodo/pm number? or did it belong to another provider.  once a number has expired it it released back to the original service provider, it is held for x number of days and then it is released for circulation.

I would try calling the  number and see if someone has it.  if not contact the original telco and see if they can some how get it for you ( you would need to set up an account with them, then port to pm) .   if it was public mobile send a message to moderator_team and see if you have any luck. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately you will have to get another number.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@mprl16 wrote:

Hi,

I went on a trip due to an internship outside of Canada for over 90 days and my account was suspended.

I got a new SIM card and im trying to recover my old phone number but unable to, i assume due to the acount being recently suspended.

You can't sorry. Number and account are gone.  You need to start new.

Need Help? Let's chat.