cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently transferred my number

juliemarin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A few minutes ago I activated my new SIM, selected my plan, popped the SIM card into my unlocked device and rebooted the phone, and here's what's happening:

- The SIM is recognized and I can see that i'm on the Public Mobile network 

- I can make outbound calls, but cannot receive them (goes straight to my old voicemail).

- I can't send or receveive text messages

- My mobile data works perfectly 

Does it usually take a little bit of time for the number to be transferred and the call/text functions to work? If so, how much time should I expect it to take? 

Thank you! 

14 REPLIES 14

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok. Thanks for communicating with me. Best wishes. . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatCanyon wrote:

Thanks.... that actually makes great sense. 

Do you think the MODS will separate my various messages into different categories based on key words? 

Don't know what the internal procedures are, but once you are in communication with them, you can let them know that you submitted multiple messages, and they can take it from there.

CatCanyon

Thanks.... that actually makes great sense. 

Do you think the MODS will separate my various messages into different categories based on key words? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatCanyon wrote:

I've been trying to get assistance from the moderator for over a week.

One post suggested that if you send more than 1 message you are put at the bottom of the service list. 

Do you know this to be true? 

Over the week, I've played "Simon says", followed the directions and no response at all for over the one week period. 

I get the moderators are busy. Perhaps additional staff would be the answer. Perhaps SISTER companies could lend a hand in this busy time? 

Just a suggestion from a potential customer who's getting frustrated by lack of service, and who is now paying for 2 plans... to the same although corporately separate company when the idea was to save money. 🤔

Thanks for

@CatCanyon, if you send multiple messages to the moderators you DO NOT get bumped to the bottom of the list.  It just makes more work for the mods to keep track of what's going on.  hang in there. Once your issue is resolved you will just enjoy the savings...

CatCanyon

I've been trying to get assistance from the moderator for over a week.

One post suggested that if you send more than 1 message you are put at the bottom of the service list. 

Do you know this to be true? 

Over the week, I've played "Simon says", followed the directions and no response at all for over the one week period. 

I get the moderators are busy. Perhaps additional staff would be the answer. Perhaps SISTER companies could lend a hand in this busy time? 

Just a suggestion from a potential customer who's getting frustrated by lack of service, and who is now paying for 2 plans... to the same although corporately separate company when the idea was to save money. 🤔

Thanks for

CatCanyon

Thank you... me too. 

Since Koodo and Telus are the twisted sisters... everything would have been so much easier if Koodo would not charge exorbitant rates for data and this process would. have not taken place. Who knew? When I switched from Bell to PC... no problem. 

Thinking I'll cancel PM if no action in the next day or so.  Then there will be only 1 bill to pay. As of yesterday now paying for both. 

I feel certain all will go well once the number transfer happens. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatCanyon wrote:

Hello dear friends who are NOT bOTs. I have been trying for over a week...leaving 10 messages to the beloved... yet unattainable... moderator_team... following Simon... the BoT ... who directed me to the Community Site... TO NO APPARENT AVAIL... to get some ASSISTANCE to TRANSFER my Koodo number... fORMALy my PC number UNTIL KOODO recently took over PC ... which by the way was PROVIDING MORE EFFICIENT SERVICE than the SISTER  companies of Koodo... hiding under the guise of TELUS... AND its sister- partner- sibling- relative- associate PUBLIC MOBILE (PM)

I have followed Simon's, the equally beloved BoT's... information thread about how to transfer my koodo phone which I've had for say...20 YEARS...

I have tried CHANGE NUMBER in my PROFILE also TO NO APPARENT AVAIL. 

As a person interested in saving money and at the same time looking for a responsive customer service provider, I'm wondering if it is your organization.... DeAr TeLus...

Wondering if more reasonably priced service plans EQUALS  Less PEOPLE ÷ more BoTs ... as in, not enough MODERATOR_TEAM... members to fulfill the much Needed, non-BoT_UnABlE members of your WEIRD and WACKY idea of ADEQUATE service PROVISION! 🤔🤔🤔😅😊

At this point, I'VE ATTACHED MYSELF TO YOU... dear telus... AND, at the same time,  I have NOT been able to DETACH myself from YOUR SISTER company koodo!

QUESTION: DO YOU HAVE A DYSFUNCTION RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SIBLINGS?

Seriously, please provide SOME SORT of RESPONSIVE assistance, in a timely fashion. 

Why Should I pay both SIBLINGS and, at the same time,  have to do the fantastically tricky part of extracting the TINIEST PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY... the beloved SIM CARD... in order to use 1 phone for calls... that being my current and DESIRED SIM card number... THEN  have to pop out the TINIEST, perhaps most frustrating aspect of my SMART phone... the SIM card... to use the BELOVED extra data, NOT provided by the SISTER organization UNLESS I want to PAY $20 more÷LESS🤔🤔, BUT provided by PM on a separate SIM card with the PHONE NUMBER I DO NOT want? 

Here's HOPING I haven't WASTED another DAY asking for ADEQUATE... IF that's all you strive for... CUSTOMER CARE. 

Thanks for  your ATTENTION...🤔🤔😊

SIGNED: a wanna BE saTIsFied CUSTOmer to ONLY 1 SiBLiNG in a FUNcTiOnal FAMilY

@CatCanyon

If you were on Koodo prepaid then yes that needs moderator assistance due to some shared system between Koodo and here.

So you've said you've already sent private messages so I guess all you can do is wait.

I don't believe any bots go about answering anything here. Most of us are customers just like you.

That's an interesting point about sibling SIM's but it just doesn't seem to work that way. That's a more general cellphone system question not specifically having to do with Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile.

Yes moderator response times are appalling but once things get going then you rarely if ever need them again. The vast majority of people sign up without issue. Those that have issues show up here and so all we see are the complaints. With the recent 5 on-going promos they have probably been completely overwhelmed with activations.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

CatCanyon

Hello dear friends who are NOT bOTs. I have been trying for over a week...leaving 10 messages to the beloved... yet unattainable... moderator_team... following Simon... the BoT ... who directed me to the Community Site... TO NO APPARENT AVAIL... to get some ASSISTANCE to TRANSFER my Koodo number... fORMALy my PC number UNTIL KOODO recently took over PC ... which by the way was PROVIDING MORE EFFICIENT SERVICE than the SISTER  companies of Koodo... hiding under the guise of TELUS... AND its sister- partner- sibling- relative- associate PUBLIC MOBILE (PM)

I have followed Simon's, the equally beloved BoT's... information thread about how to transfer my koodo phone which I've had for say...20 YEARS...

I have tried CHANGE NUMBER in my PROFILE also TO NO APPARENT AVAIL. 

As a person interested in saving money and at the same time looking for a responsive customer service provider, I'm wondering if it is your organization.... DeAr TeLus...

Wondering if more reasonably priced service plans EQUALS  Less PEOPLE ÷ more BoTs ... as in, not enough MODERATOR_TEAM... members to fulfill the much Needed, non-BoT_UnABlE members of your WEIRD and WACKY idea of ADEQUATE service PROVISION! 🤔🤔🤔😅😊

At this point, I'VE ATTACHED MYSELF TO YOU... dear telus... AND, at the same time,  I have NOT been able to DETACH myself from YOUR SISTER company koodo!

QUESTION: DO YOU HAVE A DYSFUNCTION RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SIBLINGS?

Seriously, please provide SOME SORT of RESPONSIVE assistance, in a timely fashion. 

Why Should I pay both SIBLINGS and, at the same time,  have to do the fantastically tricky part of extracting the TINIEST PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY... the beloved SIM CARD... in order to use 1 phone for calls... that being my current and DESIRED SIM card number... THEN  have to pop out the TINIEST, perhaps most frustrating aspect of my SMART phone... the SIM card... to use the BELOVED extra data, NOT provided by the SISTER organization UNLESS I want to PAY $20 more÷LESS🤔🤔, BUT provided by PM on a separate SIM card with the PHONE NUMBER I DO NOT want? 

Here's HOPING I haven't WASTED another DAY asking for ADEQUATE... IF that's all you strive for... CUSTOMER CARE. 

Thanks for  your ATTENTION...🤔🤔😊

SIGNED: a wanna BE saTIsFied CUSTOmer to ONLY 1 SiBLiNG in a FUNcTiOnal FAMilY

Welcome to Public Mobile!

juliemarin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everything works now, took about 30 minutes for the transfer to complete. Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply 🙂 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The best way forward for number porting is to continue to use the old service until it no longer works.  It's the most reliable indicator that the process is complete.  If the port is not complete in two days, it's time to private message the moderator team to intervene.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is normal.

Personally, it has taken me up to 45 minutes to complete the porting process but I have read that it can take up to 2 hours to complete. 

But if it is still like this after 2 hours, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get in touch with the Moderators to see what is happening.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@juliemarin, yes porting can take from minutes up to a couple of hours to complete.  If these issues continue for more than 4 hours I would say that you may have a stuck port and that would be the time to contact a MOD to look into it for you.

Also welcome to PM!!  Hope you enjoy the service and savings!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Porting your number, if all the required info is entered correctly, usually takes a couple of minutes to about 2 hours. (Some prepay providers, VOIP and land lines can take days.) You'll get a text saying that your port is complete.

Your old SIM likely still works for outgoing calls and text. Reboot your phone occasionally.

If the situation is still the same this evening your port may be stuck an you'll need the help from the moderators.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PM phone number, the number you want to port, account number and name at your old carrier exactly as on your statement,

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.