cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently transferred my number

A few minutes ago I activated my new SIM, selected my plan, popped the SIM card into my unlocked device and rebooted the phone, and here's what's happening:

- The SIM is recognized and I can see that i'm on the Public Mobile network 

- I can make outbound calls, but cannot receive them (goes straight to my old voicemail).

- I can't send or receveive text messages

- My mobile data works perfectly 

Does it usually take a little bit of time for the number to be transferred and the call/text functions to work? If so, how much time should I expect it to take? 

Thank you! 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Recently transferred my number

Porting your number, if all the required info is entered correctly, usually takes a couple of minutes to about 2 hours. (Some prepay providers, VOIP and land lines can take days.) You'll get a text saying that your port is complete.

Your old SIM likely still works for outgoing calls and text. Reboot your phone occasionally.

If the situation is still the same this evening your port may be stuck an you'll need the help from the moderators.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PM phone number, the number you want to port, account number and name at your old carrier exactly as on your statement,

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Oracle

@juliemarin, yes porting can take from minutes up to a couple of hours to complete.  If these issues continue for more than 4 hours I would say that you may have a stuck port and that would be the time to contact a MOD to look into it for you.

Also welcome to PM!!  Hope you enjoy the service and savings!

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is normal.

Personally, it has taken me up to 45 minutes to complete the porting process but I have read that it can take up to 2 hours to complete. 

But if it is still like this after 2 hours, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get in touch with the Moderators to see what is happening.

Oracle

The best way forward for number porting is to continue to use the old service until it no longer works.  It's the most reliable indicator that the process is complete.  If the port is not complete in two days, it's time to private message the moderator team to intervene.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everything works now, took about 30 minutes for the transfer to complete. Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply Smiley Happy 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile!