cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving text/calls

CandaceA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just activated my SIM this morning and am new to public mobile. Data is working but I cannot receive or send text messages or receive phone calls at all. I’ve powered phone off and on. Any idea why?

7 REPLIES 7

Good!!! I’m happy for you @CandaceA ... welcome in public mobile!!!Smiley Happy

CandaceA

I’ve connected with a moderator and it seems the issue is with my previous carrier, contacting and working that out now. Thanks for the suggestions!

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a bit of a delay upon activating my PM phone as well. I suggest waiting a few hours and if it continues to not work, then contact a moderator to rectify the matter.

thank you,

mj23

Ok that's probably a problem with the port of your number....If that the case @CandaceA you will need to contact moderator for help..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

and in SEND TO write moderator_team and it will appear... and explain them what happened. They will answer you and give you help.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@CandaceA wrote:

Hi, I just activated my SIM this morning and am new to public mobile. Data is working but I cannot receive or send text messages or receive phone calls at all. I’ve powered phone off and on. Any idea why?

@CandaceADid you port your number in from another carrier? Are you sure outgoing text is an issue? If you text yourself, do you get the message? If outgoing is okay, and only incomming is the issue, then it may be your port is stuck or failed.

Where did you get the iPhone? Are you sure you are using mobile data, and not wifi?

CandaceA

It’s an Apple iPhone 6, from here in canada

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CandaceA wrote:

@CandaceA are you perhaps using a phone that was imported from overseas market?  Calls and texts rely on 3G on 850MHz and 1900MHz frequencies.  Many overseas phones lack these frequencies and are not usable at Public Mobile for calls and texts, but can support some data via compatible 4G LTE bands.  You can either check your phone model on https://www.willmyphonework.net, or post your brand and model number here and we can help determine compatibility.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.