cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving messages from community members soliciting

JaniceJS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.  I have just received in my email inbox a message as follows:

Subject: Make more than $5,000 in the first week! Just leave your contact information and our manager will co...
Date: 05-24-2021 01:33 AM

Click here to access your message and reply

I did not open this as it is soliciting.  I removed my email so I won't receive these anymore, however, I am concerned that removing my email will not allow me to receive important emails from Public Mobile.  I notice in the notifications in community that there was a different one in March and another one earlier this year.  Please let me know what can be done about these unwanted emails.  I have had a hard time finding the moderator link to report this as it has been sometime since I last asked a question to a moderator.

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JaniceJS 

As noted by the Community members, just click on “Report” on the bottom of the message then “Notify Moderator” and note it as SPAM. The moderator will deal with the spammer.

yiruiruan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just ignore these emails and spread the word to others using PM. It's hard to really keep them all out.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JaniceJS 

1. On the unwanted private message within your community private message mailbox service, click "report" to the bottom left and notify the moderators it is SPAM.
  2. Then delete the message.
  3. Never, ever, click on any links or content within those messages.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, they are not really members but spammers

This happens quiet a lot  For me, I am glad I have not received any lately.  I hope these guys are not coming back in full force  🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

In the message near the bottom left hand corner click on the report button to notify a moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaniceJS : Spam happens. Don't worry about the email notification. Click on the envelope upper right and then click on the subject line of the message and then you'll see Report to the left and Delete to the right. Report and delete. Done. That's about all you can do.

Edit: @JaniceJS : If you clicked on:

"Don't want to receive emails from us? Just click here."

at the bottom of that email notification then you might want to contact the moderators to reinstate that option. What you got was a notification from the community that you received a private message in your private message inbox. It's just a notification out to email of the fact.

You can turn that option off in your community settings if you like. That would let whatever other email notifications you might get from the community come in but not private message notifications. For me, it's the only email notification I have turned on.

Need Help? Let's chat.