cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving a message that "talk is not included in my plan", but it is included in my plan!

BlackPanther
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am fairly new to Public Mobile.  I have had 2 monthly renewal dates.  On both of these renewal dates, when I tried to make an outgoing phone call, I received a message from Public Mobile, saying "talk is not included in your current plan".  This is incorrect, because talk has always been included in my plan.  Both times, there was no overdue balance on my account.  I was paid up.  The first time, the issue was resolved within 10 minutes, but the second time the issue was not resolved for 40 minutes.  Why is this occurring?  I missed a work teleconference, due to not being able to call out. Is this going to occur every time the next renewal date arrives?  Thanks in advance for any help you are able to share with me.  

17 REPLIES 17

BlackPanther

Thank you for sharing this link.  I have just contacted the moderator. 

BlackPanther

Thank you for sharing this link.  I have just contacted the moderator. 

@zblackma are you gblackmas significant other?. are you the Mrs.?

BlackPanther

#s of family and friends

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What kind of number are you calling? Sometimes I get that where a company will write out their 1800 number with letters and there will be too many. Like it will be 1-888-213-stuff which has an extra number on it. If you get rid of the extra number it works.

@zblackma 

Now I'm not so sure about that.....strangely enough about an hour after I posted I got that message three calls in a row. Then after 5 minutes I had no problem calling out.

@BlackPanther   As you see above....thats the first time I've gotten the message. So who knows what's up with that?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BlackPanthercontact the moderators as mentioned above. You shouldn't be getting that message. There's a problem with how your account is set up.

@gpixelsorry, your links go nowhere. 

@computergeek541 

Yes I am....its been a long day. Thank you

@BlackPanther  Ignore everything I just said.....see above.

@darlicious wrote:

@BlackPanther 

When you received that message did you stay on the line until the message finished or did you hang up? Did you dial ( 1 ) before the number? If it happens again stay on the line for 30 seconds to see if your call connects. Alternatively dial ( 1 ) before all phone numbers. If this does not solve the issue then contact the moderators as suggested.

A customer would not benefit from waiting any amount of time before disconnecting after a "talk not included" type message. This is hard-failed call. I believe you're confusing this with the "long distance charges may apply" messages, for which a call will complete if the caller waits.

@BlackPanther 

When you received that message did you stay on the line until the message finished or did you hang up? Did you dial ( 1 ) before the number? If it happens again stay on the line for 30 seconds to see if your call connects. Alternatively dial ( 1 ) before all phone numbers. If this does not solve the issue then contact the moderators as suggested.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@BlackPanther when you say that it was resolved do you mean that the Mods resolved it. Or it "fixed itself?" 

Seems like there might be some sort of glitch that happens during renewal. 

I would ask the moderators to reset your plan, and make sure all of your plan functions. 

contact them through here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BlackPanther you should bring up your issue with customer support.

click this link and choose the second option

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 9PM EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 7PM PM EST

customer support.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlackPanther wrote:

I am fairly new to Public Mobile.  I have had 2 monthly renewal dates.  On both of these renewal dates, when I tried to make an outgoing phone call, I received a message from Public Mobile, saying "talk is not included in your current plan".  This is incorrect, because talk has always been included in my plan.  Both times, there was no overdue balance on my account.  I was paid up.  The first time, the issue was resolved within 10 minutes, but the second time the issue was not resolved for 40 minutes.  Why is this occurring?  I missed a work teleconference, due to not being able to call out. Is this going to occur every time the next renewal date arrives?  Thanks in advance for any help you are able to share with me.  

Is this happening during the morning of the new term? Does it have any problems with autopay? Are you manually paying before? Or after?

Perhaps also restart the phone on your renewal day. You should get a text saying all is done around noon ET of the new term.

Resolved itself? Or did a moderator do something?

fdrcamb519

@BlackPanther 

Im on the same plan for 5 weeks never had an issue ,did they, say what the problem was the first time??

BlackPanther

The $25 plan:  

• 500 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Talk Canada-wide
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

fdrcamb519

@BlackPanther 

What plan are you currently using

Need Help? Let's chat.