cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Simcard

Ataasbagh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I bought a simcard on Feburary 5th but I have not received it what should I do I need that simcard since Im newcomer please help me

9 REPLIES 9

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I’m not sure if delivery can be blamed on pandemic…
A letter was sent to me from a city located 7 km from me and it took one month to be delivered. I order SIM cards from Canadian Cell Supplies located 112 km from me and they were delivered by regular post in 5 days.

Go figure! 😀

@computergeek541 wrote:

@DDM69 wrote:

I'd recommend running into Walmart and getting started now.  Sell the other card once it comes in the mail.

I recommend against this.  If the person already has cell phone service (even if it's at another carrier), having someone go to the store to activate a new cell phone plan should absolutely be discouraged at this time in many locations across the country.  The SIM card will eventually come. Especially during this day and age, visits to the store should be minimized.

Curbside pickup?  Go to place where they'll sell you the SIM card as a stand-alone purchase, rather than require activation in-store.

Good point. But you can get one faster by mail. I have a suspicion that the delay of receiving one from PM is not a mail or courier problem vs a lengthy processing time. 

@DDM69 wrote:

I'd recommend running into Walmart and getting started now.  Sell the other card once it comes in the mail.

I recommend against this.  If the person already has cell phone service (even if it's at another carrier), having someone go to the store to activate a new cell phone plan should absolutely be discouraged at this time in many locations across the country.  The SIM card will eventually come. Especially during this day and age, visits to the store should be minimized.

@DDM69 wrote:

I’d keep the card and use it for a referral. Even if you give it away for a referral, you will receive more in rewards than what you paid for it. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Ataasbagh wrote:

Hi. I bought a simcard on Feburary 5th but I have not received it what should I do I need that simcard since Im newcomer please help me

Check eBay for 99 cents some sell referral code only but keep looking and you will find SIM cards for 99 cents too. Also some are free on Craigslist. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There have been delays due to the pandemic and it usually takes two to three weeks.

The moderators are aware of the delays.

Hey Community,

Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, delivery times are expected to be longer than usual. 

For customers looking to purchase SIM cards, please plan accordingly and allow enough time for shipping in the case of delays.

We appreciate your patience very much! 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- The Public Mobile Team

If you need a sim right then you might want to purchase one from a local retailer.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ataasbagh wrote:

Hi @Ataasbagh 

They can take up to 3 weeks with current mail delivery delays.

If you need one sooner, recommend going to local mobile shop (walmart, london drugs, etc).   They may have them in stock.  

You can also check out canadiancellsupplies.com    If you're near one of their stores in the Toronto area, they have Public Mobile SIM cards - usually cheaper than others.

Need Help? Let's chat.