cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving International calls

khhassan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can my friends call me from outside Csnada? I sent them my cell number and added +1 before it. However it give them message it is not correct number ! can you help me please 

12 REPLIES 12

@khhassan wrote:

yes ... it works within canada and I receive/ make calls from/to all provinces 

A call could come from anywhere and it would not make any difference for the person receiving the call.

khhassan

yes ... it works within canada and I receive/ make calls from/to all provinces 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@khhassan wrote:

since it cell number, there is no area code I think!

they used the exit code + then Canada code 1 then my ten digit cell number.

Even they tried 00 as exit code instead + but it did not work !!!!!

The first 3 digits of your 10 digit number is your area code. The next 3 digits is the prefix. It's only really the last 4 digits that are your number (one could say only the last digit too 🙂 )

Can you call your number from here?

Can they call to Canada?

khhassan

since it cell number, there is no area code I think!

they used the exit code + then Canada code 1 then my ten digit cell number.

Even they tried 00 as exit code instead + but it did not work !!!!!

00-1-10 digit mobile phone#

Follow the dialing format shown above while calling Canada From Kuwait.

• 00 - Exit code for Kuwait, and is needed for making any international call from Kuwait
  • 1 - ISD Code or Country Code of Canada
  • Area code - There are 26 area codes in Canada. If there is an area code dial area code of the city in Canada you are calling after dialing ISD Code. If there is no area code dial the Recipient's Telephone Number after ISD Code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@khhassan wrote:

I asked two of my friends to call me from different two countries in middle east ( Egypt and Kuwait) their plans allow them to make international calls to everywhere and they added +1 before my ten digits cell number but it give them message in their local language (Arabic) that it is not correct number !!!!!

Can you call your number from here?

Maybe they need to use the full exit code rather than the +.

00-1-your 10 digits

khhassan

I asked two of my friends to call me from different two countries in middle east ( Egypt and Kuwait) their plans allow them to make international calls to everywhere and they added +1 before my ten digits cell number but it give them message in their local language (Arabic) that it is not correct number !!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@khhassan wrote:

How can my friends call me from outside Csnada? I sent them my cell number and added +1 before it. However it give them message it is not correct number ! can you help me please 

It's the same international dialing as it has been for decades.

Countries have what's called an exit code. Canada/US is 011. Countries will have a country code. Canada/US is 1. Then usually there would be an area code like say 416. Then the persons number.

Using the + (plus) will usually work instead of the exit code.

But of course they need to be able to make that international call. If their plan doesn't allow it then of course they can't call you.

@token: "ever" is a broad word. Currently we can accept calls from anywhere. There are no extra charges here.

token

When dialling international numbers from Europe (like from Spain to Canada for example)

need to dial the originating country's exit code, (00 in spain) then the

country code for the destination (1 for Canada) then the ten digit

number inside Canada (3 digit area code plus 7 digit number).

A related question is whether Public Mo will ever chage any fee for

any incoming call (from abroad) while in a normal coverage area??

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone or landline.  Have your friend try to call to see if it works then it could be an issue your cellphone.

khhassan

Thanks 

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Seems more likely an issue at your friend's end. Adding 1 as the country code to your number when dialled internationally is correct. Maybe ask your friend to check for international phone call requirements from their end. 

Need Help? Let's chat.