cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving International Calls

karlina_ag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does it cost money to receive calls from Australia or New Zealand? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

It may not cost extra money, but to use the service allowing incoming calls, a plan needs to be paid for. 

lol That's one of my thoughts I sometimes say. No, calls are not free per se...they're included in the plan cost. So yeah sure ok fine. I think we can assume the OP is paying for a plan though. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

Something's striking me about this answer.
The question was does it cost money.
If they're on a data only plan then they can't call anyway. So we can assume they don't have that or else why bother asking. Answer is no then anyway.
If they're on a limited minutes plan then if they run out they simply can't talk. It doesn't cost anything after that. (Yes you have the option to buy add-ons and one could obviously say that "costs money".) So, no.
If they're on an unlimited plan then again no.

So the only way anything might "cost money" is add-ons. Which are optional. Not required.

There. I feel better. 🙂

It may not cost extra money, but to use the service allowing incoming calls, a plan needs to be paid for. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

Something's striking me about this answer.
The question was does it cost money.
If they're on a data only plan then they can't call anyway. So we can assume they don't have that or else why bother asking. Answer is no then anyway.
If they're on a limited minutes plan then if they run out they simply can't talk. It doesn't cost anything after that. (Yes you have the option to buy add-ons and one could obviously say that "costs money".) So, no.
If they're on an unlimited plan then again no.

So the only way anything might "cost money" is add-ons. Which are optional. Not required.

There. I feel better. 🙂

@JoyLuck wrote:

No it does not. All incoming calls are free.

We don't necessarily know which plan the member is on. While it makes no difference to the receiving caller where a call is coming from, the calls can either be unlimited in nature, consume minutes, or just not work at all.

There are some older plans that Public Mobile had that did not include unlimited incoming calls (ie. a previous version of the $15 plan and also a $10 plan). There's also a data-only plan that no phone calls will work.

karlina_ag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

No it does not. All incoming calls are free.

Need Help? Let's chat.