cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Automated PM Calls

SarahCatherine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I keep getting automated calls from PM about my plan. It says that calling is not included in my plan and to sign in and fix it but the plan that I'm on is supposed to include " Unlimited Canada-wide Talk." In the last week alone they've called more then 6x. I'm a relatively new PM member so I'm a bit confused; any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Are you sure you’re not on a limited calling plan, or attemption to call a misdialed number?  The message you’re getting is the message you get when you misdial (extra number, missing number).

Some of the numbers you have listed are valid PM short codes.

Thanks @stonechucker  I was unaware of short codes ?!! I don't want to confuse or hinder a new

family member to the community. 

Oops... my bad.  I did a quick glance at the numbers, and they were similar to.shortcodes,meut not the ones I though.  @darlicious, you are more likely correct, block, and/or simply disregard.

@stonechucker wrote:

Are you sure you’re not on a limited calling plan, or attemption to call a misdialed number?  The message you’re getting is the message you get when you misdial (extra number, missing number).

Thanks @stonechucker  I was unaware of short codes ?!! I don't want to confuse or hinder a new

family member to the community. 

@SarahCatherine wrote:

I thought so too but they tell me to login to the correct website. There are a couple different numbers 011 370 681 97550, 011 372 5321 5301,etc. all say the same things. It's an automated voice that tells me talk is not included in my plan and to login to selfserve.publicmobile.ca I've double checked my account incase there was a mistake but talk is definately included in my plan.

Definetly block the numbers they are all overseas numbers. Haha dont they know pm has no service outside of canada and the US. Bad phishers bad bad.

@SarahCatherine wrote:

I thought so too but they tell me to login to the correct website. There are a couple different numbers 011 370 681 97550, 011 372 5321 5301,etc. all say the same things. It's an automated voice that tells me talk is not included in my plan and to login to selfserve.publicmobile.ca I've double checked my account incase there was a mistake but talk is definately included in my plan.

Are you able to block those numbers on your phone which would allow the call but you won't hear the phone ringing and make it easier to ignore.  If everything is working well otherwise, just try and ignore it and see if it'll stop eventually.

SarahCatherine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sound like phishing...if you log into your account and see everything is good then I would just ignore it. Block the #. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@SarahCatherine hi I know it must be annoying but as long as your phone plan is working like it's supposed to  ,try and ignore, it will go away the PM system can be glitchy if it continues make a ticket through Simon to get the moderators to fix the problemSmiley Happy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@SarahCatherine wrote:

Hi there, 

I keep getting automated calls from PM about my plan. It says that calling is not included in my plan and to sign in and fix it but the plan that I'm on is supposed to include " Unlimited Canada-wide Talk." In the last week alone they've called more then 6x. I'm a relatively new PM member so I'm a bit confused; any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a phishing scam.

Which number is calling you?

Just curious, which url link are they asking you to sign-in with?

Please don't click on that link, it's likely a fake site.

Need Help? Let's chat.