cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a message after trying to port Speak-out number

Spo0key
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After I registered my new Public Mobile Sim card, I decided to try porting my currently active Speak-Out number. It asked for the old account number that I could not find even after digging through many other community posts talking about it so I just put the old phone number instead(One person said that it worked for them). But this morning I recieved a text stating to fill out a Sim & Activation form under the "Contact us" tab on the Public Mobile website, after thirty minutes of searching I could not find the mentioned form. If anyone has advice for how to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Happy to help! Robot Happy

For Speakout you will need the IMEI for the port and to contact the moderators to modify the information.

Submit a ticket via the 24/7 virtual assistance SIMon to get this looked at
Note that you will need to create and/or sign in to the Community for the below link to work.

SUBMIT A TICKET - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the same issue porting Petro Canada mobility number over to PM. For PetroCan the account number is the phone number. I followed the advice here to contact the moderator team with all the necessary info and the porting is fixed within 24 hours.

happycamper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my port was in June, 2018

@happycamper wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@happycamper wrote:

For anyone porting from Speakout...there are no account numbers...

You only need your phone number AND your pin number .....it should work fine if you have these....at least that's what worked for meSmiley Happy

It seems to be a bit YMMV... Granted, not up-to-date information (April 2017), but I was advised by the SpeakOut CSR that I finally reached that they need the IMEI and PIN, which ended up working (SpeakOut also put a 48 hours hold on my account, preventing porting out, after the phone number & PIN attempt failed.)

I had both the pin and IMEI ready to give the CSR at Walmart when I ported but she just did the PIN and it worked

happycamper

@wetcoaster wrote:

@happycamper wrote:

You only need your phone number AND your pin number .....it should work fine if you have these....at least that's what worked for meSmiley Happy

It seems to be a bit YMMV... Granted, not up-to-date information (April 2017), but I was advised by the SpeakOut CSR that I finally reached that they need the IMEI and PIN, which ended up working (SpeakOut also put a 48 hours hold on my account, preventing porting out, after the phone number & PIN attempt failed.)

I had both the pin and IMEI ready to give the CSR at Walmart when I ported but she just did the PIN and it worked

@happycamper wrote:

happycamper

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Spo0key further to @computergeek541's reply, here's the details to contact the moderator team about a porting failure:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Spo0key wrote:

After I registered my new Public Mobile Sim card, I decided to try porting my currently active Speak-Out number. It asked for the old account number that I could not find even after digging through many other community posts talking about it so I just put the old phone number instead(One person said that it worked for them). But this morning I recieved a text stating to fill out a Sim & Activation form under the "Contact us" tab on the Public Mobile website, after thirty minutes of searching I could not find the mentioned form. If anyone has advice for how to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There's no such form that you can use to contact Public Mobile customer service.  All customer service requests must be done by sending a private message to Moderator_Team.

That text message is sent whenever a number portability request has been rejected by the other carrier or has otherwise failed for whatever reason.

As you typed in your phone number as account number, the request was likely refused due to mismatching Speakout Wireless account information.  You will need to provided at least one of your Speakout account number, account PIN, or IMEI number and then provide that to Public Mobile so that the moderators can retry getting your number transfered.

Need Help? Let's chat.