cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating Account

phbalance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HELP!! My account was deactivated while I was travelling out of the country. How can I reactivate my account? 

18 REPLIES 18

phbalance

Thank you very much. I sent them a PM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jp2 wrote:

@srlawren that's a great idea. Is there a good thread that explains all of this forum's settings and feature that I could read; as you know I'm new to this.

@jp2 I've created a guide to Macros, in case you're interested see here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HOWTO-Create-and-use-Macros-for-repetitiv...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Luddite, for some, I'm sure it would be better if it was only *611 😉

@jp2 wrote:

Thank you @srlawren for the very detailed and informative instruction. I'll have to copy that message so I don't have to keep typing an explanation. 

Mine is better. Why? Because it's mine! Robot LOL Mind you I did make an adjustment after reading @srlawren's and @mimmo's.

"Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data." ®️

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@jp2 not much.

There's this, but it's a bit old:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Manual-for-My-Settings-Community/m-p/...

For general community info, there's this, but it's even older:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Navigate-Your-Community/ta-p/653

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren that's a great idea. Is there a good thread that explains all of this forum's settings and feature that I could read; as you know I'm new to this.

srlawren

@jp2 thanks!  @mimmo and I collaborated on that, and I pulled bits and pieces from other posters as well.  

You can create a macro if you like, so you don't have to copy and paste it every time.  Go to your community settings (click on your logo near the top right, the My Settings), then click the Macros tab.  

In the Macro 1 title field, give it a short name like "Contacting Mods" or something.  Then in the Macro 1 field, copy and paste this text:

<b>How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?</b><ul><li>Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with you account.</li><li>They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (<a href="https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-p/76452" target="_blank">More details</a>).</li><li><b><a href="https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437" target="_blank">Click here to send them a private message.</a></b></li></ul><b>In your message please include:</b><ul><li>PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue</li></ul><b>Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:</b><ul><li>Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date &amp; amount</li></ul><b>How long until they reply?:</b><ul><li>Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday &amp; Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].</li><li>Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received</li><li>Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.</li><li>There is no need to send multiple messages.</li></ul><b>How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?</b><ul><li><a href="https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/ta-p/168500" target="_blank">How to view and reply to your private messages</a><br></li></ul>

[EDIT: of course, feel free to tweak the contents as you see fit, it's just basic HTML markup]

Then when posting, you'll see a Macro dropdown beside the Quote button.  Choosing your "Contacting Mods" (or whatever you named it) will insert the text like you see in my reply above.

jp2

Thank you @srlawren for the very detailed and informative instruction. I'll have to copy that message so I don't have to keep typing an explanation. 

srlawren

@phbalance here's all the details:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

phbalance

How do I contact the Mod_Team?

jp2

Then your account is probably cancelled and you will have to make a new account as @will13am said. Only other thing to try is contacting the Mod_Team to see if there is something else wrong with your account. I don't know of anything else that will help you, sorry.

phbalance

I've tried logging in, but I forgot my password. When I click on forgot password it gets to Email Verification and then get a Login_Disabled message, but no email sent to reset my password!!!

jp2

Your account goes into suspension for 90 if payment is not made. If this is the case just login to your account and make a payment. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am, Isn't it 90 days from the time the last payment expired?  So if @phbalance made a payment for a 30 day plan, left the country, and was back 95 days after payment (renewal), the account should still be salvageable.

@phbalance wrote:

I was out of the country and so it's been over 90 days since my last account payment. How can I reactive the account?

You cannot.  The old account is permanently closed!  You need to obtain a new SIM card and start right from the beginning and set up a brand new account. 

phbalance

I was out of the country and so it's been over 90 days since my last account payment. How can I reactive the account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

.. And if your account was deactivated after 90 days, your phone number is lost.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@phbalance, if your account has been in arrears for less than 90 days, all you would need to do is go into the self serve, make the payment and restore the account to active status.  If the account has been in suspension for more than 90 days, you will need to buy a SIM card and activate a new account.  Accounts in arrears for greater than 90 days are deactivated permanently.

Need Help? Let's chat.