cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: unable to receive calls or text

Tirzin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I also signed up with Public Mobile last night, coming over from Speakout and attempting to port my number. I can do outgoing calls and texts; however, my number hasn't actually ported over. Incoming still goes to my speakout sim, and I can't receive through Public Mobile. I would try again to port the number, but I don't see anywhere in my account to do that. Can you help me out?

Speakout does not have account numbers. Instead they use a 4 digit pin number. This may be where the problem comes in.

Thanks for anything you can do.

13 REPLIES 13

minhn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

Hello, I have this same issue. I have sent a private message to the moderator team on Sunday but I haven't heard back yet, just wondering how long this process takes? Haven't been able to receive any calls for 3 days. 

Any help is appreciated! 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @mombear,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Please feel free to send us a private message https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k We'll be happy to help you out 🙂

Best,

Syed

mombear

i alos have tehe same issue, please could you also help me

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A response can take up to 48 hours. Including your account info such as pin should speed it up. I'll post all the details in the spoiler.

Spoiler

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.

• They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]

• Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

MartinaK

yes. they requested to validate my account, but i havent heard back since. its been 5 hrs now

jp2

Have you sent the mods a private message?

MartinaK

Hello abTest Town Hero,

I set my public mobile account using the same number as the TextNow, but since all the calls and texts were going to TextNow, and I was unable to receive the calls when I wasnt connected to wifi, I went on and released the number to try to get my public mobile account working properly. So now my Text now account has a different number basically. I wish there was some sort of technical support here to help me resolve this asap, even if it means to get a new phone number. I just want ot be able to use my phone properly. thye way it is right now is very annoying and inconvenient. Thanks so much for your response. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@MartinaK, Hi there! 

Sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a private message with your account details (Phone# as well as the information from your old service provider so we may look into it for you?).  

Thank you! 

jp2

So you can make calls but you can't receive them; if you can still receive them with your old carrier this sounds like a stuck port. 

If you can log into your public mobile account your sim is active if you can't and it's saying the sim is already reserved you will just need to wait an hour or 2 before trying to activate it again. Try using a different browser such as google chrome incognito mode. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MartinaK, is your textnow account still active with your phone number?   You can only transfer (port) a number to a new carrier if the number is still active with the previous company. If it is, you can give into your self serve portal and go to  the change phone number option and follow the steps to port in your number.   If the text now number is no longer active,  then there might be no way to transfer it to PM, unless you can get it back onto your textnow account firstly. 

MartinaK

When I registered my simcard, I was hoping to keep my textNow app phone number, but even though I released it from TextNow and chose another number on the app, my old number didnt seem to transfer properly, because I'm only able to make phone calls and none of the calls are getting through, neither the texts. Can you please advise how to get this problem solved??? I tried to reregister my sim card, but it says it is already registered, so I'm a little boggled what to do now. I would appreciate someone's help. I need to be able to receive my calls since I'm job hunting and it is not fun missing out on the calls from recruiters.

Tirzin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well, Shazia looked into it for me, and found that the port request was good. She let me know that it was just a matter of waiting until the weekend was over for the actual port to take place. As of Monday morning, everything is now working properly. Thanks, Shazia, for checking it out so that I could just relax and wait for it to happen instead of thinking that I must have done something wrong.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Tirzin

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your porting phone number and the PIN number with speakouts? I will look into the porting request for you.  

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.