cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: porting number from Bell, no incoming calls

mister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have similar problem porting from Virgin mobile.

I have outgoing calling, incoming and outgoing text, and data works.

No incoming calling!

[Moved by Luddite as reminder to those porting their old number]

39 REPLIES 39

(threads merged)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

How long will I wait for a moderator?

I already sent the message. If this takes any longer I will have no choice but to file for full refund plus expenses.

I live in remote location and it costs me $100 in fuel and several hours of my time which is billed at $130 an hour, the sim card was $10 plus tax and the funds to my account was $65 plus tax.

Had I realized this was owned by Telus I would not have wasted my time.

The delays are bad these days. Although they did pipe in to one of the threads a little earlier today. @CS_Agent 

Funny. I like that it's owned by Telus. Other than their rates I've never had a problem with them...or here.

mister

How long will I wait for a moderator?

I already sent the message. If this takes any longer I will have no choice but to file for full refund plus expenses.

I live in remote location and it costs me $100 in fuel and several hours of my time which is billed at $130 an hour, the sim card was $10 plus tax and the funds to my account was $65 plus tax.

Had I realized this was owned by Telus I would not have wasted my time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

No idea but estimates around 3 to 5 days ago.

If my phone still does not work then I want $50 credited back to my account.

This month and last month.

Again...I can't help you with that. You'll need to contact the moderators.

I know...but that's the system here.

mister

No idea but estimates around 3 to 5 days ago.

If my phone still does not work then I want $50 credited back to my account.

This month and last month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

still wont work!

Do you have any exact recollection of when it was that the number got changed by them? Because then it would have to be 30 days after that.

As for the moderators...earlier on you said you had some help from them. Now you have to ask again as it's kind of  another matter. They would have called it done the last time. So it's not really a month for them. I really hope you've got yourself back in the queue by this time.

mister

still wont work!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

If you mean billing date then that has already passed.

First come first serve so this is over a month now.

So you've paid and renewed?

If so, use a browser that you haven't used for this site. Or clear cache/cookies. Or use incognito/privacy mode

and try to change your number. Maybe it'll work now.

mister

If you mean billing date then that has already passed.

First come first serve so this is over a month now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

don't know where these threads are either, this site is such a poorly liad out mess.

In the upper left of your posts where your username is, click on it and you'll get to your profile. In there you'll see all the threads you've posted in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

How hard is it to just give me a phone number that does not belong to somebody else?

Like I said in your other threads...understood. But it's a first come first served model.

When is your actual renewal date?

Maybe once you renew (if you don't suspend it) THEN you might be able to change the number yourself. Maybe.

mister

don't know where these threads are either, this site is such a poorly liad out mess.

mister

How hard is it to just give me a phone number that does not belong to somebody else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister 

Yet another thread.

Did you put your service into suspend with the lost/stolen feature? Really important if you're just around your renewal. Otherwise the other guy is maybe enjoying your paid-for service.

There have been multiple problems with this place for a couple few weeks now so all you can do is wait for them to get back to you.

mister

I have private messaged somebody I was told to on here but never recieved a reply!

I am being billed for phone service that does not work.

I can not port my virgin number (number is still unused) because its been dormant too long but now PM has assigned a new number to my phone that is the number belonging to a Bell customer and now their phone is running up my data and I can't even two way text.

I can not change the number it wont let me error message "Phone Number change failed."

If I can not have a working phone soon I must file for full compensation of account and sim card purchase plus related expenses. 
I never allow a phone company to screw me over and Public Mobile is a Telus owned company so they are already not good!

This service seems to be some screw ball way to screw people over, I see liists of compaints and very little possitive. When you search on the internet all is positive because its paid lies by propaganda of a corporation.
Here is link to CRTC compaint form for anybody else who is still suffering from lack of service.

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

PM automatically assigned a bogus number to my account and now the Bell customer that number belongs to is recieving calls/text to that number and using my data.
I can not change my number to a number that is my own regardless of where the number comes from, I used the selection list to pick an available number and it wont change the number.

Understood. You need to private message with the moderators. Only they can sort it out.

I'm not sure why you can't change your number when maybe you've gone past 30 days since your adventure started.

Edit: @mister: If you haven't had your renewal yet then I suggest you turn off autopay. If you have had your renewal then I suggest you use the lost/stolen feature to suspend your account to stop the other person from using what YOU paid for. It might impact them but it's your money.

mister

PM automatically assigned a bogus number to my account and now the Bell customer that number belongs to is recieving calls/text to that number and using my data.
I can not change my number to a number that is my own regardless of where the number comes from, I used the selection list to pick an available number and it wont change the number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

Now it doesn't matter I want a number that works!

Understood. You need to private message with the moderators. You've got quite a mess going on and only they can sort it all out.

mister

Now it doesn't matter I want a number that works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

I did not change my number, I wanted it resolved to get my old number and PM changed it automaticly somehow without me knowing and now its shared with a Bell customer who recieves all calls and texts and is using my data. Meanwhile my phone doesn't work.

Your old number is gone. You would need to beg and plead with Virgin or Bell to reinstate it into an account and then transfer it over to here.

mister

I did not change my number, I wanted it resolved to get my old number and PM changed it automaticly somehow without me knowing and now its shared with a Bell customer who recieves all calls and texts and is using my data. Meanwhile my phone doesn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister 

I replied to you with some ideas on your other thread that you just recently posted to.

mister

I couldn't import my still available old number because my account was dormant too long now PM assigned a new number which belongs to a Bell customer who now recieves my calls and text and seems to be using my data. That newly assigned number is (removed). The number I was not able to port was the still available unassigned number of (removed).

Now to select a number from the list give me an error message "Phone Number change failed."

(removed), can't this be dealt with by a tech support agent?

edited by computergeek541: removed personal information

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mister wrote:

Now I have somebody elses number and not recieve incoming calls or texts and data is flying out accourding to my account activity. My data isn't even working either.

And it wont change my number to a selected number from the list. Same thing as before when I first set up account. Had to use my old number.

Phone Number change failed.

I suggest you toggle the lost/stolen feature now and then private message the  @Moderator_Team < Click this to figure out what is going on with your account.

What do you mean "had to use my old number"?

You can only do the Change Number once in 30 days.

mister

Now I have somebody elses number and not recieve incoming calls or texts and data is flying out accourding to my account activity. My data isn't even working either.

And it wont change my number to a selected number from the list. Same thing as before when I first set up account. Had to use my old number.

Phone Number change failed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmbcanada  - Although there are problems with PM's systems at times, the problem facing @mister  has nothing to do with Public Mobile.  An account must be active in order for the number to be ported to another providor.  In this case the account wasn't active, and in all likelyhood, hadn't been active for a while (based on the fact that Virgin couldn't reactivate the plan for him with the same number).

dmbcanada

It seems based on the number of topics I have seen during the last 24 hrs including those posted by myself, is that there seems to be some underlying issue with the self serve porting process.   I am not sure if it is because the PM system cannot handle the influx of customers during the promo periods but it is very unsettling especially when you are the one having the issue.    

@mister Your thread here is "messed up" because you initiated discussion of your problem in two different locations that have been merged.

With respect to your issue, a number cannot be ported from an inactive account. Unless Virgin will reactivate your old account with them that number has been lost. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mister

I still can't follow anything here, why is the layout so complicated?

Back in the 1990's everything was so easy to follow in IRC or any thing now everything is post modernism java scripted mess there is no tree view or any thread identity to follow all message responces have the same subject and I can tell whats going on here.

In the old days everything was simple and striat forwards to understand.

This whole world of "change" is just foolishness and nonsensical make work projects to complicate what should have been streamlined into simplicity to reduce work load rather than increase it. becuse nobody wants physical labor but somebody has to do it anyway.

But to make work for IT's is not helping unless the hardware tech labor like slaves to follow all this nonsensical IT drivel.
Why not simplify the site!

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mister wrote:

I just spoke with virgin, they say they can not reactivate my account and the number is open domain.

How long was your plan dormant?

Need Help? Let's chat.