cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: port request

Rick77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what is Alternate number? Why Public mobile is showing Alternate number attached to my SIM Card. I wanted to transfer the number from Koodo to Public mobile.

2 REPLIES 2

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Rick77 wrote:

what is Alternate number? Why Public mobile is showing Alternate number attached to my SIM Card. I wanted to transfer the number from Koodo to Public mobile.

Hi @Rick77  Is this the alternate number you are talking about? 

Activation - Account information - Alternate number.png

That is not attached to your sim card.  That is part of your account information just in case Public Mobile need to get in touch with you, as per @JoyLuck reply above.  It's ok to leave it blank, I did.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take up to 3 hours to complete the port. Use the other cell provider’s SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until it stops working. When that happens, the port is complete.

Since you are porting from Koodo to Public Mobile (Telus family) there shouldn't be any problem active account or not as long as the account is only suspended but not closed.

Welcome to Public Mobile!  1

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Rick77 wrote:

They need an alternate number to contact you in case there are problems with the port. Did the wrong number get ported?

Need Help? Let's chat.