cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: incoming calls will not go through

btuckey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just registered today and I am in the same boat.  I can make calls but cannot receive calls.

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@btuckey wrote:

I just registered today and I am in the same boat.  I can make calls but cannot receive calls.

Hello @btuckey ,

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

In the meantime, do a Reset of your device's Network Settings, and occasionally reboot your phone.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@btuckey 

Try powering off the phone then clean the SIM with a microfibre cloth and install back to the tray and power back on.

If you are porting your old number over to PM just follow @hTideGnow instruction to leave your old SIM in the phone and reply to the SMS text with YES from previous carrier.

Dirty contacts on SIM card wouldn't only prevent incoming calls form working. While dirty electrical contacts could make it so that the phone loses connection with the network completely, such issues wouldn't affect only one part of the service.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@btuckey 

Try powering off the phone then clean the SIM with a microfibre cloth and install back to the tray and power back on.

If you are porting your old number over to PM just follow @hTideGnow instruction to leave your old SIM in the phone and reply to the SMS text with YES from previous carrier.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@btuckey 

@btuckey wrote:

How long ago did you register? Did you port your number?  What about text and data?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@btuckey wrote:

@btuckey  did you request porting your old number?  If so, this is normal.

If you request porting, did you reply YES to your previous provider's SMS to allow them to move the number here?  If you did, just reboot your phone every 15 mins. It should work soon

Need Help? Let's chat.