cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone Voicemail Error

johnschwenk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is very helpful. However, I am not able to enter a password that is accepted for making these modifications.

When I try to save a Custom Greeting on my iPhone 7+ I get the following message: 'The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple,mobile-phone error 1035.)

I currently have no access to my voicemail. Moderator help appreciated!

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

If you have a minute, you can express your opinion about our interaction by filling out this quick survey: https://web.cicicresearch.com/wix/p1058825.aspx?agent=AntonioH

Thank you.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey johnschwenk,

We apologize for the delay, it was due to the high number of calls we've had in the weekend. 

I see that you've already been educated on how to reach the Voicemail. Just to clarify, Public Mobile does not offer the Visual Voicemail feature, so dialing 1 + your phone number is the normal way to reach the VM.

Please let me know if everything is clear and if you have other questions 🙂

Tony

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnschwenk wrote:

Thank you all for your ideas. I finally just tried dialing my number from my iPhone, and that brought me to a set up menu! I was able toa ccess my voicemail. My question now is, how do I get it such that voicemail messages show up on my phone? I'm still not seeing any indication on my phone that I have voicemail...?

So can we just nail down what you have working or not.

1. call your number from another phone - let it ring - does it drop to voicemail?

2. call your number from another phone - let it ring - upon hearing your greeting can you press * and get into your voicemail?

3. call the area code 5804001 voicemail access number from your phone - does it get to your voicemail?

4. press and hold 1 from your phones dialer - does it get to your voicemail?

@johnschwenk wrote:

Thank you all for your ideas. I finally just tried dialing my number from my iPhone, and that brought me to a set up menu! I was able toa ccess my voicemail. My question now is, how do I get it such that voicemail messages show up on my phone? I'm still not seeing any indication on my phone that I have voicemail...?

@johnschwenk You migjt want to consider resetting your phone and starting over again.

johnschwenk

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnschwenk wrote:

@geopublic Thanks for your help, but I'm not sure where to check the number for voicemail. The number for the phone is definitely correct. Unfortunately, the voicemail system has locked me out now, due to too many attempts to get in.

I suppose it's a possibility that you had set the handset access to require a password for voicemail.

But manually dialing the voicemail access number suggested above from your handset *should* get you to your voicemail box.

Calls dropping to voicemail are really simply a form of call forwarding. The phone will have settings to forward on busy/no answer/no access.

And if the phone is set up properly then pressing and holding the 1 key in the dialer should get you there as well.

@johnschwenk wrote:

@geopublic Thanks for your help, but I'm not sure where to check the number for voicemail. The number for the phone is definitely correct. Unfortunately, the voicemail system has locked me out now, due to too many attempts to get in.

@johnschwenk

Access voicemail - Apple iPhone 7 Plus
  1. Select Phone.
  2. Select Voicemail.
  3. Calling Voicemail. If your voicemail is calling like on this screen, your phone is set up correctly. If not, follow the next few steps.
  4. Select Keypad.
  5. Enter the Voicemail number and select Call. **004*#
  6. Select Dismiss.

Voicemail should be area code + 580-4001

johnschwenk

@johnschwenk wrote:

Thanks for that, but I'm not able to egt into my self serve right now. It's requiring a password (or PIN) and not recognizing the one that I would have used.

@johnschwenk  Are you sure you are accessing the PM voicemail system. Check your phone what number is showing for voicemail?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnschwenk wrote:

Thanks for that, but I'm not able to egt into my self serve right now. It's requiring a password (or PIN) and not recognizing the one that I would have used.

Did you try the Forgot your password? link?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@johnschwenk  You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum (which I have done for you today), or, if appropriate, sending a private message directly to the moderators.

For this issue, suggest you first try to reset your voicemail password. Login to your self serve account and look for " Reset Voicemail Password " under My Profile.

If you are unsuccessful, you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

johnschwenk

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnschwenk wrote:

This is very helpful. However, I am not able to enter a password that is accepted for making these modifications.

When I try to save a Custom Greeting on my iPhone 7+ I get the following message: 'The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple,mobile-phone error 1035.)

I currently have no access to my voicemail. Moderator help appreciated!

Can you get into your self-serve? If so then use the Voicemail Password Reset feature that resets it to your 10 digit number.

Use another phone to call your phone and don't answer it and see if it drops to voicemail. And if so then if you hear your greeting (or any greeting) then type in the new password.

You can also directly dial the voicemail access number from your phone and see what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.