cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iMessage issue after switching to Public Mobile

Startup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

have one phone other company , want to bring that number to your company and I have already sim and number should I transfer from that to this number and change.

24 REPLIES 24

@Startup 

Your account with pm has a plan you want to keep and you want to port your phone # from the other company and put it on your pm account with the plan you want to keep . Yes? Porting your phone # to that account will not change the plan it will stay the same.

If using Simon the Chabot is too confusing you can send a message to the moderators thru your private messaging. Type  Moderator_team  in the send bar.  Put "Port phone #" in the the subject bar. Explain what you want to do and include the following info:

1. Name, address, ph#, email and pin# of your pm account.
  2. Name, account#, ph # to be ported in from which? Company/provider.
  3. You may be asked additional info from your pm account to further verify your identity. That may be your d.o.b.,alternate ph # if any, plan amount, last payment, type, date paid, card type, last 4 digits, security question and answer.
  4. Make sure your account from the other company is still active, port protection is removed.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Expect an answer in 2-3 hours but it could be sooner or later. (Sometimes 5 minutes other times half a day or longer. But it's been quick lately.)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Startup 

Either or.....you can go to TMS, London drugs, Wal-Mart or many other retailers or smaller cell phone shops to have them activate for you or you can do it online yourself. To find a retailer got to the store locator at the bottom of the page. If there is a promotion on when activating read the conditions carefully as sometimes they are online only but we can help you do it if you dont feel confident doing it yourself.

Be sure to use a friends referral code for a $10 bonus credit. If you dont have one just private message someone here and ask....they will happily provide you their code. Welcome to the public mobile community! We're always happy to help.

@Startup wrote:

Is my plan also stay same if right now you don't have that plan it was my old plan.

@Startup  You cannot port numbers between Public Mobile accounts if that's what you are asking.

Startup

Is my plan also stay same if right now you don't have that plan it was my old plan.

@Startup wrote:

How CAN i DO THAT SHOULD i GO TO STORE FOR getting my another company phone to transfer your company and I want to keep that number.

@Startup  You can do it online or go to a retail location your choice. In order to port in your existing number you need to have the account number, name on the account and phone number of your current provider and provide that information during activation.

@Startup 

You don't have to go to a store. You can do it from your home.

Click this link  this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Startup

How can I port is this online or go to store

Startup

How CAN i DO THAT SHOULD i GO TO STORE FOR getting my another company phone to transfer your company and I want to keep that number.

@Startup 

@Startup wrote:

already my sim and number with you but I want to transfer from other company and keep other company number which I just dont want current number can I do this.

If you already have a PM account, you can port over the old carrier number.  You will need to contact moderator to help with that process.  

Click on the question mark on right lower corner of website. Type: port request.  Follow the prompts to submit ticket to get moderator to change your number/port over. 

@Startup  Yes you can port your number over when you activate your Public Mobile sim card.  Have your account number with the other provider, name on the account and phone number ready to provide during your Public Mobile activation. Please note the following:

1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    3. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete.

Startup

can I do that should I need to go to store 

@Startup  since you already have a public mobile sim card, plan and phone number.

Follow these steps to transfer your number over from other provider. Ensure that account is still active.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Have a great day!

Startup

ve number and same plan I want to keep but need to port from oanther company.

Startup

Even I my plan should not change.

Startup

already my sim and number with you but I want to transfer from other company and keep other company number which I just dont want current number can I do this.

Startup

w its work should I need to go to store

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Oops.jpeg

@Startup 

If you want to switch to Public mobile, you can move your old number to Public mobile.  The process is call porting over your number.  

When you activate your PM SIM card, you can enter the following information to port over your previous number

1. Old carrier's account number

2. Old carrier's account holder name

3. Old carrier's phone number

It usually takes up to a couple of hours to port over your number. 

If your are coming from another provider and want to bring your number over. You first must ensure that account is active and in good standing to port your number over.

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Startup

my existing number where belong now can I transfer to your number where my number still your company

mobileb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if you switch from another company you can keep your number yes, just keep your number active until you are done setting up via self serve and you can port it over

@Startup 

If you switch from another provider can you keep your phone number? Yes you can port your number in upon activation unless it's koodo prepaid or pc mobility. You would take a temporary number then contact the moderators to have them "port" your number for you.

Startup

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Startup wrote:

have one phone other company , want to bring that number to your company and I have already sim and number should I transfer from that to this number and change.

@Startup 

You can transfer your number directly when you first activate your SIM card.  Just need the account holder name, account number and other company phone number to port over to Public mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.