cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: back to school deals...take advantage?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm...my slightly brain dead post about taking advantage of the London drugs offer to new customers as an existing customer got me thinking. I have a smartphone I switched to the $40 plan with no new customer promo. However I did get the 1 gb bonus. I have a telus flip phone I want to switch to a $10 or $15 plan just to keep the number and as a back up. Can I take advantage of either new customer promos on the flip phone then switch SIM cards and downgrade the original plan?

5 REPLIES 5

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Ok I think I understand...but nothing is stopping me from switching the SIM cards in the actual phones versus between accounts. Same as if i bought a new phone to replace an older model I would take the SIM card out of the old phone and put it in the new one.

There are your Sim cards feel free to put them into any phone you like as many times you want

Ok I think I understand...but nothing is stopping me from switching the SIM cards in the actual phones versus between accounts. Same as if i bought a new phone to replace an older model I would take the SIM card out of the old phone and put it in the new one.

@darlicious wrote:

I am an rbc customer...my original plan renews in a week( $40). So if I take advantage of the rbc promo on the flip phone and switch SIM cards and then downgrade the original plan will I not have the same 2 plans I was going to have but the phone numbers have just changed between my smartphone and my flip phone. Without losing any bonuses or rewards?

Rewards cannot be transfered between accounts, and neither can phone numbers. In the end, if you're only going to keep one account but also the first phone number, you would need port that number out to a diffetent carrier and then back in to get the new customer promotion.

I am an rbc customer...my original plan renews in a week( $40). So if I take advantage of the rbc promo on the flip phone and switch SIM cards and then downgrade the original plan will I not have the same 2 plans I was going to have but the phone numbers have just changed between my smartphone and my flip phone. Without losing any bonuses or rewards?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@darliciousYou can always open a new account and use your old account's referral code. There doesn't seem to be any restrictions to the 1Gb promo, except you can't transfer the bonus between accounts. There are restrictions to the RBC promo. It is $10 off for 6 months and you also need to be a plan of a certain value.

Need Help? Let's chat.