cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate service

RosieF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I was a Public Mobile customer for many years, but my service lapsed in the fall.  I am wondering if there is any way I can re-activate my account and my contract?

Cheers,

Rosie

3 REPLIES 3

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

A new sim card would be needed to activate another account. The current number can be used again. The previous account will automatically be closed after being suspended for 90 days.

@PAULRANG18 

You are mixing up your information and/or timelines...

If it's been less than 90 days since the last day of the last plan cycle, the account can be unsuspended with the current SIM and phone number by logging into your self serve account, making the appropriate payment, and, if applicable, hit the "reactivate" button.

If the account has been inactive for 90 days or more, the account is closed and the phone number goes back into the pool of unused numbers. If the phone number was ported from another provider it's going back to the other provider to be reassigned. Getting your phone number back would require it to not be reassigned yet, and a customer service rep at the according provider who is able and willing to go the extra mile to retrieve it at the cost of opening a new account with them.

This is the time when you need a new SIM, a new e-mail and will, likely, get a new phone number.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A new sim card would be needed to activate another account. The current number can be used again. The previous account will automatically be closed after being suspended for 90 days.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Has it been more then 90 days?? If so the sim is no longer valid and your account has been closed.

You would have to buy a new sim card and create a new account with a different email then the one you used in the past.

Public Mobile is also prepaid so there is no contracts.

Need Help? Let's chat.