cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Will my iPhone work on Public Mobile network?

eliza1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just tried to use my daughters iphone with a public mobile SIM card and the settings are quite different than you stated on the instructions here. It is an iphone 5 unlocked. How do I get service?

8 REPLIES 8

wrote:

Shouldn't Iphones pick up signals better then Android . 

I tried a couple of Iphones (just for fun because I dont like them) and they tend to recognize and adjust SIM info as well as APN better some of android phones (looking at you LG, Some older Samsung (s5-s6) 

Some of the iPhone models, while really nice media (internet, music, video) devices, had rather crappy antennas.  Some phones pick up better signals than others, with some variance between different mdoels, and sometimes, even the same model.

Now, as for ease of use when it comes to APN setup, that's really dependent on the software installed on the phone.  If Apple (or any other device manufactuer) does it properly, you're all set.  If there are mistakes in the settings, you'll have to make changes. As for carrier branded devices, the APN settings for other carriers are often deleted from the device at the request of the originating carrier.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Shouldn't Iphones pick up signals better then Android . 

I tried a couple of Iphones (just for fun because I dont like them) and they tend to recognize and adjust SIM info as well as APN better some of android phones (looking at you LG, Some older Samsung (s5-s6) 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

It is probably solved by now.  If so, pick a solution!

If not, let us know.Smiley Happy

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@eliza1 Are you still stuck? If so,

a) login to the account and confirm data is showing under My Add-ons, and 

b) reboot the phone with the SIM installed and report what message you see.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Put in the sim card and restart the phone. Do you see any networks showing up automatically? Try to make a phone call or text. 

iphone works on public mobile.  

After you put in the sim card, you should able to see if it has the signal bar, if so, it works. then add the setting for the data, this part might be tricker. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@eliza1 You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.