I completely agree with this post I have been having nothing but problems with public mobile since I signed up through them I am constantly dropping calls and phone calls are not coming through just now I placed upon called weight with Amazon and they have tried five times to call my phone and nothing is coming through it is going straight to voicemail even though the phone is directly in my hand this is a constant problem with this company and I have been with them for two years so I should know what if there was an emergency this is absolutely ridiculous
Your sim card probably needs reprovisioning but try these first before contacting the moderators :
* This method currently has a bug attached to it causing rewards to not be applied at renewal. You will have to contact the moderatorsto have them applied manually so decide if you can wait for a moderator first.....
If all above fails contact the moderators....
Could it be a problem with the actual device? If not, here are some suggestions I found by looking up the issue:
- Dropped calls or not getting them: Could be that you are not close enough to a tower or there is too much tower congestion. It is recommended that you change locations (if you can) or look up where the towers are near your location. I also found that certain buildings can really interfere with calls, so going near a window or outside can sometimes help.
- If you live near a border, turn off roaming. This has interfered with some of my calls until I figured it out.
- Sim card could not be in correctly or there could be dust in the port. Try blowing in it or using compressed air to clear it out.
- Problem with the sim card itself. Try getting it replaced?
I hope you find a solution! Good luck!
@Tippietoes FYI to you and anyone else stumbling across this thread: it originated in Nov 2016, which to anyone that wasn't around here at that time probably doesn't mean much. However, at the time, Public Mobile was offering a "fall promo" promotional plan which at the time was a VERY good deal for a lot of customers and as a result they were seeing a massive influx of new activations.
Unfortunately, during that same timeframe, their activation and number porting system was less stable than it is now (was prone to errors in activating and/or porting in your number) and the massive influx of new customers compounded that issue greatly. Anyone that was a community regular at that time can attest to the literally hundreds (if not thousands) of posts in the community of people having issues.
The support team (known here as "the moderators" or "moderator team") were doing their best to keep up and working very long days and nights, but were completely and utterly overwhelmed. The result of this is that many customers had to wait days or even weeks to get their issues addressed, and there was a massive amount of very understandable frustration which lead to threads like this one.
Unfortunately this thread was brought back from the dead not too long and and then again recently by @Tippietoes, but the conditions that lead to the warning over 4 years ago no longer apply: PM is no longer running a massively popular promotion, and their systems--though still far from infallible--are significantly more robust today than they were at that time.
So while the original complaints in this thread were systematic and widespread, and the warning was broadly and aptly applicable to anyone thinking about activating at the time, that is no longer the case. Issues do still happen, such as the one @Tippietoes is experiencing. However, in fairness, I thought it was valid to point out that these are more one-off issues and not symptoms of a widespread issue as was the case in Nov 2016.
Yes good luck to you .. hopefully your in a good area that has no dead zones as where I am stuck with all the issues. If there’s no deadlines pm has been great.