cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UNLOCKED BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3

lindalachance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have created my account, my cell number from other carrier has been transferred over, paid for service, account active, blackberry z10 message "SIM NOT DETECTED"

Tried the tape, tried all other suggestions, inserted the sim card in friends phone and it works, AMAZING so its the blackberry problem, can you please help me

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah I managed to mangle the SIM card slot on my old Z10 by trying to remove a nano-in-Micro-adapater SIM card, which got stuck, and I tried to force it and messed up the pins.  Fortunately, I had already moved on to another phone and was merely trying to play around with it a bit (I forget what for now, that was ages ago), so it wasn't the end of the world.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@lindalachanceIt sounds like your phone is unlocked if what you said is correct.

Check visually into the sim card slot to see if you see any dislodged or damaged pins that you can correct, if you have no important data on the phone try doing a security wipe or back up data then do a whipe (operating system reinstall)

If either of those things don't work, I regret to tell you, you likely need to get a new phone or pay for a "sim card slot repair" which is quite common for the Z10

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lindalachance So it’s a time for you to buy a new phone 🙂

lindalachance

Yes, I have 2 sim cards which I tried, neither work in the blackberry but work in my friends phone

meocon

@lindalachance Yes I said the phone problem not the sim card. Sim card slot is where you place a sim card in

lindalachance

Thank you for doiing that, I don't know what the H I am doing here, I am really scrambling.

It must be a phone issue, as the card works in another cell phone so its not the card itself

lindalachance

the sim card worked of my friends phone, just not  on my blackberry, so it must be the phone, not the card

lindalachance

I can't find "options" but under networks, mobile network lock it says the device is ready for use on the network, network unlocked, network subset unlocked, service provder unlocked.  Can't for the life of me find "options" is it under system settings or something else?

meocon

@lindalachance I think you have a hardware issue with the sim card slot from Blackberry phone. I have that problem before sim card slot damaged because take sim card out & in not correctly make the prong (yellow metal) lost. You can have a look at the sim card slot to make sure all pronges are there

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@lindalachance

What happend when your friends sim card went into your phone? Definitly want to check this first because sometimes in the Z10 the pins get messed up because some people get the sim adapter stuck in and have to cut it / force it out. The z10 was particularly a bad phone for this.

Did you personally unlock the phone?

On your BlackBerry, go to settings > Advanced Options > Sim Card. At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up. If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive and "Device is ready for use on the network" or "You can unlock the device with the MEP code provided by the origonal seller of the device" 

Update to your response.

@lindalachance It sounds like your phone is unlocked if what you said is correct.

Check visually into the sim card slot to see if you see any dislodged or damaged pins that you can correct, if you have no important data on the phone try doing a security wipe or back up data then do a whipe (operating system reinstall)

If either of those things don't work, I regret to tell you, you likely need to get a new phone or pay for a "sim card slot repair" which is quite common for the Z10.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@lindalachance You posted in an old topic. I have moved your post to a new topic for better visibility. 

Are you sure your phone is unlocked? Have you tried another sim on your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.