cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

alfman79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just started with public mobile.  I filled out the form to activate my new sim and start the porting process.  I was with Speakout Wireless.  I have data, so the sim has activated.  When I phone someone, the other end sees my ported number.  However, when I phone the ported number, it goes straigh to voicemail without ringing on the cell phone.  

I have received a txt msg from public mobile telling me to go to contact us and fill out the "Sim and Activiation" online form fill out the login and password I had at Speakout..  Is this the form I already filled out once?  There is a lot of other information as well.  Do I fill it all out as if I haven't already?  Will this cause conflicts if I indeed upload the same form I already filled out with the same sim card number attached to; the sim card that is activated already.  

I am a little confused about this, I don't want to screw something up on a service that is not quick and easy to fix errors on.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

@janesacharoff wrote:

Did the transfer of your number from Speakout to Public Mobile go smoothly?  Did you need help from their moderator or were you able to do it all yourself?   Any suggestions?

@janesacharoff

I have replied to your other post. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-transfer-a-phone-number/m-p/...

janesacharoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did the transfer of your number from Speakout to Public Mobile go smoothly?  Did you need help from their moderator or were you able to do it all yourself?   Any suggestions?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@meeco1234 wrote:

My service right now is with Bell mobility

@meeco1234 then by all means, give it a go 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

meeco1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service right now is with Bell mobility

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@meeco1234 wrote:

I want to transfer my phone number to public Mobile 

@meeco1234 unless you currently have a pre-paid Koodo account, you can do this yourself by logging into your Self-Serve account, clicking on Plans and add-ons, then on Change Number, and choose the port a number option.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

meeco1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to transfer my phone number to public Mobile 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@alfman79 Your port is stuck. Contact a moderator

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@alfman79 wrote:

I have just started with public mobile.  I filled out the form to activate my new sim and start the porting process.  I was with Speakout Wireless.  I have data, so the sim has activated.  When I phone someone, the other end sees my ported number.  However, when I phone the ported number, it goes straigh to voicemail without ringing on the cell phone.  

I have received a txt msg from public mobile telling me to go to contact us and fill out the "Sim and Activiation" online form fill out the login and password I had at Speakout..  Is this the form I already filled out once?  There is a lot of other information as well.  Do I fill it all out as if I haven't already?  Will this cause conflicts if I indeed upload the same form I already filled out with the same sim card number attached to; the sim card that is activated already.  

I am a little confused about this, I don't want to screw something up on a service that is not quick and easy to fix errors on.  

As stated you will need to contact the Moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@alfman79 wrote:

There is no sim and activation online contact us form.  That is a text message that Public has sent with outsdated information.  The text message is an automated message from Public Mobile with the purpose of telling you that your phone number transfer has failed, which is almost always an indication that the carrier that currently holds your phone number rejected the request because of incorrect account information.

As for your phone calls going to voicemail, that is as expected. This happens because the calls are still going to your Speakout Wireless service.  Re-inserting your Speakout sim card is the only way you're going to be able to receive your calls and messages for now.

You need to contact Moderator_Team to have to resubmit another phone number porting request.  But first, make sure you have the correct Speakout Wireless account information such as account number, PIN number, or IMEI number of your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.