cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

Let-In
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, i am currently with Koodo and would like to switch back to Public Mobile.
It seems a bit complicated based on what I saw on the site and just wanted to get some guidance in terms of the steps & how I would make my monthly payments
7 REPLIES 7

David01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

New to PM here, but I can try to help based on my experience. I just switched here from Koodo two days ago. The website told me during activation that I had to select a NEW number, then contact PM to port my Koodo number over. However, after I put in the number I wanted to port in, in addition to my Koodo account number, it seemed to do it automatically. Hope this helps? 

wrote:

Yes, i am currently with Koodo and would like to switch back to Public Mobile.
It seems a bit complicated based on what I saw on the site and just wanted to get some guidance in terms of the steps & how I would make my monthly payments

It's not complicated at all.  If the numberr is attached to a Koodo postpaid account, the procedure and process is not different than porting from anywhere else.  In fact, it'll probably happen faster since Telus owns both Koodo and Public brands.

If the number is attached to a Koodo prepaid account, all you really have to do is use a different e-mail address to link to your Public Mobile account.  You simply send a private message to a Public Mobile employee (moderator) with information about the phone number and the account details of your account from the originating carrier.  Other than have Public Mobile customer service making the request for you, instead of you initiating the porting yourself through the automated self-serve process, the porting procedure essentially works the same.

@Jorno Thanks for keeping an eye out on our posts Smiley Happy

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wrote:

How long until they reply?:
Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].

As per this reply in a recent discussion, and updated in the Knowledge Base article "Updated: Contacting our Community Moderators", the official moderator hours (in Eastern Time) are

- Monday through Friday 9am to 9pm

- Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Let-In is your Koodo account pre-paid, or post-paid?  If post-paid, please follow @closng's directions.  If it's pre-paid, you will need to contact the moderator team via private message for the port request. See below for details, if you fall into this category:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
If you have a Porting issue, please also include:
  • The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Let-In,

First, grab yourself a Public Mobile SIM card either by ordering online or at a WoW kiosk/Walmart.

Activate and create your account on Public Mobile using an e-mail address that is different than the one you have on file with Koodo. Once your account is up and running properly, log into self-serve portal and initiate the porting of your Koodo phone number. Alternatively, if you do not want to take any chances, you can send a message to the Moderators to request them to initiate the porting of your phone number from Koodo.

Let us know if you have any other questions or clarifications.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Let-In What elements are confusing you?

BTW: You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.