cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

paulochain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I called Rogers ans they say Public Mobile haven't approved something aboyt my number port. Public Mobile has to approve or accept something. I need help with that 😞

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I'm pretty sure the OP was porting from rogers to pm?!!

paulochain stated that Public Mobile hadn't approved something. It's the carrier that's losing the phone number that approves a phone number transfer based matching account informaiton and authorization from the customer.  However, I you're right as I now see the later message that indicates the opposite direction of the port.

@computergeek541 

I'm pretty sure the OP was porting from rogers to pm?!!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@paulochain 

It is a common mistake for all new PM members and it was lucky you made your reply within 90 minutes or you will need go through extra steps.

Another common mistake is not to power off the phone before switching the PM SIM card…this happen to one of my friend. 
He didn’t know why he didn’t get and SMS and calls until I asked if he powered off the phone before switching the SIM. Everything works fine after powering off the phone. LoL

In this case, the number was being ported the other direction.

@paulochain 

I am suprrised that Rogers sent you back to Public Mobile for help. While Public Mobile can make sure that you get resent that text message to approve the number port out to Rogers, it's Rogers responsibility to take care of all commnunication with the other carrier (in this case, Public Mobile).  Rogers has all the tools needed to fix a number port that hasn't been completed and should have never sent you back the Public Mobile direction to ask for assistance.

@paulochain 

It is a common mistake for all new PM members and it was lucky you made your reply within 90 minutes or you will need go through extra steps.

Another common mistake is not to power off the phone before switching the PM SIM card…this happen to one of my friend. 
He didn’t know why he didn’t get and SMS and calls until I asked if he powered off the phone before switching the SIM. Everything works fine after powering off the phone. LoL

@paulochain 

Its perfectly normal.....most people don't keep up with latest news in the mobile industry. So unless your provider specifically informed you...how would you know?

paulochain

it was my bad. when I received the Public Mobile Simcard, I switched right away sim card thinking that I needed Public Mobile Simcard in order to activate my plan, and I didn't know i was about to receive that transfer sms in Rogers Sim. I did put back Rogers simcard and replied YES, and the transfered was confirmed with another sms by Rogers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulochain : Was this all inside of 90 minutes from when you requested the transfer?

paulochain

I found the message! Done. Thanks!

@paulochain 

You did not approve the port so rogers won't release the number until you do....by answering YES so either you contact the moderators and ask them to request the port or you call the telus porting department to make the request. Once that is done rogers will send you the text again and you can reply YES and rogers will release your number to port into pm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulochain : Wherever one is porting from...they need to leave that SIM in to confirm the request.

Wherever one is porting to is the one to assist with any problems. Not the from.

Need Help? Let's chat.