cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

dkdkfj3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I am new customer and have tried unsuccessfully about 10 times to register my SIM.  I enter my current phone number (Koodo), SIM serial number, IMEI and all relevant details.  Then it gives me an error and porting cannot be completed.  I have tried EVERYTHING is recommends to fix this error - using Firefox instead of Chrome, clearning the browser cache, etc.  The process simply does not work.

I opened a ticket through the live chat feature (directed me to a link) and I have heard nothing back after a few weeks.

I dug deep on the internet to find a live phone number to call Customer Service.  I cannot get past the step where it asks for my 10-digit phone number (I AM a Public Mobile Customer but my Koodo number hasn't been ported yet (see above) so I can't access service through this option).

I have been charged for the SIM card plus 3 instances of a monthly fee which appear to be in error.  So far this is a terrible experience.  Can a live people PLEASE assist me?  These robo menus and chatbots do no work!

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@dkdkfj3  are you with Koodo Prepaid?  If so, you would have to get a temp number first, complete the activation process.  Then request a Porting with PM Customer Support later by opening a ticket with them.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @dkdkfj3 ,

Gesh, sorry to hear of your experience. Get over this hump and I believe it will get better !!

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see the instructions above).

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

IF the above 'here' link is causing you issues, you can private message Public Mobile CSA here:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@dkdkfj3 wrote:

I am new customer and have tried unsuccessfully about 10 times to register my SIM.  I enter my current phone number (Koodo), SIM serial number, IMEI and all relevant details.  Then it gives me an error and porting cannot be completed.  I have tried EVERYTHING is recommends to fix this error - using Firefox instead of Chrome, clearning the browser cache, etc.  The process simply does not work.

I opened a ticket through the live chat feature (directed me to a link) and I have heard nothing back after a few weeks.

I dug deep on the internet to find a live phone number to call Customer Service.  I cannot get past the step where it asks for my 10-digit phone number (I AM a Public Mobile Customer but my Koodo number hasn't been ported yet (see above) so I can't access service through this option).

I have been charged for the SIM card plus 3 instances of a monthly fee which appear to be in error.  So far this is a terrible experience.  Can a live people PLEASE assist me?  These robo menus and chatbots do no work!

Sorry, but you'll need to open another ticket.  Also, please use your Koodo account number instead of IMEI.

Need Help? Let's chat.