cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

eh48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What about if you're porting in a landline number? Those things can't receive SMS so how do I get this coveted sms authorization? I've been trying my hardest to port in a Rogers Home Phone number to PM but Telus called and said they received no authorization response from me... maybe because landlines can't receive texts? What do we do in this situation?!

5 REPLIES 5

@eh48 

Have you talked to the telus porting department yet? I can private message you the number if need be.....and rogers being well rogers could be the sticking point.

@eh48 wrote:

I did. Rogers says there was no port request from PM. So I contacted PM and they said they did the port correctly and that there's nothing wrong.

One of these companies is wrong. And until someone owns up, I'm stuck in limbo between 2 carriers. 

@eh48 

Did you contact the Telus porting team?  I will private message you the phone number (only used for porting issues).  PM/Telus likely needs to resubmit the porting request.  

I will also start your own thread.  

eh48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did. Rogers says there was no port request from PM. So I contacted PM and they said they did the port correctly and that there's nothing wrong.

One of these companies is wrong. And until someone owns up, I'm stuck in limbo between 2 carriers. 

@eh48 

Try calling Rogers and verbally authorizing the port.

@eh48 wrote:

What about if you're porting in a landline number? Those things can't receive SMS so how do I get this coveted sms authorization? I've been trying my hardest to port in a Rogers Home Phone number to PM but Telus called and said they received no authorization response from me... maybe because landlines can't receive texts? What do we do in this situation?!

The reply to the text message security feature only applies when porting a cellular number. The form to fill out for poring in a landline is a little different, but generally, all this is needed is for you to fill it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.