cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Juliane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when I try to request my old phone number it says error and I need to login again and again.

What to do ??

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Juliane wrote:

when I try to request my old phone number it says error and I need to login again and again. What to do ??

I've seen the issue describe myself in the self-serve portal - sometimes clicking the "Change Number" link just signs you out to the login page again. It just seemed to be a temporary glitch as it worked fine the next day for me.

@Norm12 

If you should decide to go ahead with porting over your old number (presuming it's still available to be ported) or otherwise changing your number, here's the complete guide:

Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Norm12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks decided to keep the new number

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Juliane What carrier are you porting your old number from?

If it is from Telus or Koodo, a request to a mediator is required.

Other carriers, you will have to wait for a confirmation text that you are porting over to another carrier...keep the old SIM in the phone for the text to come in.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Juliane wrote:

when I try to request my old phone number it says error and I need to login again and again.

What to do ??

@Juliane 

More details would be helpful.  Did you already activate a new temporary PM number?  Or are you activating a new SIM card/porting at same time?  Your old number is from what company?

The website can be finicky.  You could try clearing cache, incognito mode or different web browser.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

... Glad this one comes back.. for some reason, the one from 2 weeks ago was deleted.

If there is issue during Porting, is there still a phone number to call?

Need Help? Let's chat.