Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorry, your account activation request has failed

C2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I seem to be having the same problems as many others on this forum:

1) Sorry, your account activation request has failed

2) Account not being created

After attempting to activate last night, it said "Sorry, your account activation request has failed" but it also said my request has been processed (and my credit card was billed).

My iPhone now shows Public Mobile as the carrier, but it sent several text messages saying my current plan does not include text messaging, and if I try the phone, it says I don't have Talk.  I did try rebooting it more than once.

When I attempt to login to my self-serve account, it says "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.", and if I try "Forgot your password", it says "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address". When I tried to create a new account (assuming it was not created) using my phone number, it says The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here" and brings me back to where it is unable to verify my E-mail address. 

After going through the forums last night, noticed there seem to be a number of people with similar issues and in most cases, it is suggested to PM one of the moderators, so I did proceed with sending a PM to @Shazia_K including details that I had seen asked of others reporting this issue.  Am posting here as well in case it helps - I realize it may be busy with many others also experiencing problems, but just in case she is not here today.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Tommyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
yes you need a mod to help you with this one

C2

Looks like I spoke too soon when I marked this as a "solution".  I thought this was resolved, but after 2 days, my phone is saying "no service" again.  I'm in an area that does not typically have any service issues and have moved around to make sure it isn't just coverage.  I've tried resetting the phone which didn't help. 

When I call my PM number from another phone, it seems to be going to the voice mail system of my *previous* provider, rather than PM, which makes it seem as if the port reverted for some reason.  Looks like I may have to start a new thread for this one - i.e. it was activated, but I'm again without a working phone.

C2

It took 17 days in my case, but looks like the issue was similar to what others described - awaiting a moderator to restart and ensure the port request was finished.  Thanks @Caroline_D for doing that.  I think one of the most frustrating things for many of us was feeling like no one was ever going to action the requests (seeing the PMs to Moderators showing as unread for 2 weeks+).  I read enough other posts that suggested it would be a long wait, and eventually put back the SIM from my previous provider (since I was paying for their service still anyways) - but I'm sure I am not the only one who wondered if anyone would ever read the message. The recent support update from @Dave_M should help (mentioning the long average response times and explaining how it works).

Note that I also had to manually request the self-serve account after that (it didn't get created through the initial process).  It seemed to experience some delay too (and never sent me the E-mail confirmation), but seems to work now.

C2
Thanks. I have not heard back from anyone at Public Mobile but assume the system is still overwhelmed with volume. I received a new text this morning saying the $6 autopay reward was applied (it initially sent one saying $0 when I attempted to activate this 2 days ago), even though I can't used texting myself. Also, when attempting to use the phone, it has switched from saying I don't have talk on my plan to suggesting that I haven't paid for it yet (even though they took $120 from my credit card days ago). So, nothing working yet but it feels like their system may be slowly going through some process, even if not in the right order (billing before service). Assume they will prorate to when service is actually provided though.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Think you've done all you can do for now. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.