cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan.

Twodee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I renewed my plan a couple days early because I ran out of minutes, talk worked fine last night but today I get the "not included " message. Also I got a text, saying "you recieved a text but text is not included" I've got the $15/30 day plan talk,text,and data, and data is the only thing working, not for long, it's only 250Mb's. I don't think power down and remove the SIM is valid because data is working. Simon doesn't understand my questions. What's a guy to do?

5 REPLIES 5

@Twodee wrote:

I went to the sim store today, the clerk helped without knowing it. while attempting to get another sim card plan working my APN seetings were changed, and now my phone works.

Change APN: to sp.telus.com

Change MMSC: to http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc  (no /mb)

Everything else is as I originally set it up.

When I got home and decided to correct what they did my phone stopped working with the set-up above it works again. Much joy, looks like they messed up and got it right!

Changes to APN settings cannot fix problems with phone calls or text messages.    The settings aren't even related to those.  sp.telus.com is actually the wrong setting to be using at Public Mobile, so your data isn't going to work any more.

"Sorry, talk not included" and "texts not included" messages are account related problems on Public Mobile's end.  Likely, the problems were fixed over time, and possibly services kicked back in because when you removed the sim card and then put it back in, you would have likely power-cycled your phone device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Twodee wrote:

I went to the sim store today, the clerk helped without knowing it. while attempting to get another sim card plan working my APN seetings were changed, and now my phone works.

When I got home and decided to correct what they did my phone stopped working with the set-up above it works again. Much joy, looks like they messed up and got it right!

Yes. Good find. That's the second time I recall seeing it work without the /mb for someone.

@Twodee wrote:

@TwodeeGood find if that's the case!!Smiley Happy Time to do some testing....

Twodee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Twodee wrote:

I renewed my plan a couple days early because I ran out of minutes, talk worked fine last night but today I get the "not included " message. Also I got a text, saying "you recieved a text but text is not included" I've got the $15/30 day plan talk,text,and data, and data is the only thing working, not for long, it's only 250Mb's. I don't think power down and remove the SIM is valid because data is working. Simon doesn't understand my questions. What's a guy to do?

@TwodeeClick here  The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.