cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Registration xxxxxx

NicoleStates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue. I have emailed support 2 twice now, and don't hear anything back. If I don't hear back soon, My service with my other provider suspends on the first and I will have to pay a whole other month. The fee from Public Mobile came off my CC, but no service. 4 days now, no port.

Edit by Dunkman - subject title edit

9 REPLIES 9

@NicoleStates 

Maybe try rebooting the phone.  Network reset of phone. 

As your wait for moderator help, you might want to try calling Telus porting team at ***.  PC mobile depending if prepaid or post paid may be part of Telus company.  If it is porting issue, this team should be able to help.  If activation issue, then you may need to wait for moderator help.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Porting Your Number Into Public Mobile

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at ***to authorize your number transfer

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

Edit:  I will more your thread to its own topic.

NicoleStates

Oh and I've gone through Simon. And I have emailed 3 times. My service with my other provider is up tomorrow. I've been at this 5 days now.

NicoleStates

That thread is about an entirely different number.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleStates wrote:

I had the same issue. I have emailed support 2 twice now, and don't hear anything back. If I don't hear back soon, My service with my other provider suspends on the first and I will have to pay a whole other month. The fee from Public Mobile came off my CC, but no service. 4 days now, no port.

Hi @NicoleStates sorry to hear you still have no service. You cannot get in touch with the Moderators_Team, who are Public Mobile Customer Service Reps, by email.  The only ways to contact the moderators are by chatbot Simon here

or by sending a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

May I suggest that you continue posting in your own thread so our knowledgeable community may continue to help you. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-need-HELP/m-p/636009

Stay safe

RosieR

NicoleStates

He's trying to port from PC Mobile which I believe is Bell. When I put sim in ( PM sim), it says cellular network not available for voice calls. It's not set up yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NicoleStates , @Dunkman : Please don't disrespect and minimize the purpose behind that hashtag for such a trivial matter. Could Dunkman please edit the subject lines.

@NicoleStates 

Did your husband port from Koodo or Telus?  Then you need to activate a new number first and then activate via moderator help.  If any other company, you should have been able to port yourselves.  

What happens when you put the your husband SIM card in his phone?  any service?  what does the phone show?  Does your husband's old carrier/ SIM card still work?

NicoleStates

Basically I have my own service with PM. I tried to resister another account, use my referral code for my husband and port his number. The thing spun around just like the other person said and then said "something went wrong". So I tried to logg in with my husband account, won't work. Checked my cc, sure enough it was billed. Came back to my account, emailed mod support now 3 times, 3rd time this morning. When I tried to re-register all over again, it tells me my sim is no good. 

Edit by Dunkman - subject title edit

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@NicoleStates 

@NicoleStates wrote:

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Did you activate a new number?  Or did you also port your number over when you activated your SIM card? If you ported, from which company? 

Need Help? Let's chat.