cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Question regarding $25 plan?

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

We just updated the phone when we got it a few days ago.  And I just did the forced restart.

I'm thinking I need to cancel my account 😞

😞

@VictoriaM09 

This would be exacerbating, I agree.

If the SIM reacts the same in another phone, and it is not the iPhone 6s issue, this should be looked at by Customer Support Agents via submitting a ticket. 

Hopefully this is something they can correct on an account provisioning side of things, and your daughter will be up and running SOON.

VictoriaM09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just tried again in case I had to update the Carrier.  When I go to Software Updates, the only option is for Automatic Updates on.  If I click on that, I can select download iOS updates on or off, and Install iOS Updates on or off.  Not sure how to update it with the new carrier other than all of the reboots, etc. I have done?

VictoriaM09

Thank you.  I have an agent who sent a message a few hours ago.  Nothing they suggested has helped.  Yes, VERY frustrated!!

I appreciate your help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Thank you.  I have an agent who sent a message a few hours ago.  Nothing they suggested has helped.  Yes, VERY frustrated!!

I appreciate your help.

@VictoriaM09 

Be persistent. One CSA could be very different from another CSA.

Reply to the CS_Agent rather than an individual representative and hopefully you get a helpful agent.

Just like calling into call centers you only get quality of help with the ability of the person you are speaking to.

Maybe ask for a supervisor, if you are getting a run-a-around.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09   That should be an easy re-provision of the SIM card on PM side.  

As @esjliv  suggested, reply to the whole CS team and hope an more experienced and helped tech see it and will jump in and help.

Don't get upset, activation could be trouble occasionally.  Once you get through it, should be good

VictoriaM09

What do you mean by PM side?  I was thinking of maybe going back to the store to see if they can swap SIM cards?

Thanks!

S--S
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

What do you mean by PM side?  I was thinking of maybe going back to the store to see if they can swap SIM cards?

Thanks!

@VictoriaM09 

How To Change Your SIM Card,

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !!
softech
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 

It sounds to me that it is a provision issue on the system which PM can fix themselves..  Usually faulty SIM card is rare.  However, if you can go back to the store and they are willing to swap another SIM card for you, that would be another way to go.  

VictoriaM09

I'm waiting for them to fix it!  

Fingers crossed! Thanks!

VictoriaM09

Thank you.  I will be doing this tomorrow if it isn't resolved today!

Need Help? Let's chat.