Did you mean: 

Re: Phone not ringing or calling out since activation

valeriem1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

phone not ringing

going to voicemail

11 REPLIES 11

@Harryyes 

If you are in the GTA you really shouldn't be having any signal issues but you can always check your local towers or if you give me a cross street of you general location I can help you read the cell tower map.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=43.718016&lng=-79.376907&zoom=10&type=Road...

Did you try my suggestions?

Toggling airplane mode on/off gives you a brand new connection to the network.

Removing the sim disconnects you from your service/service provider.

If you report your phone lost/stolen by suspending your service. Log out/in. Resume. Log out and reboot. This can reprovision your sim card. But it will cause any rewards to not apply upon renewal and you will have to contact the moderators after renewal to have them apply them manually. It is better to have them reprovision your sim card from the account end and/or the can reset your account to see if that improves your service issues.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@valeriem1 - Can you provide us with more details?  For example, when did you activate, and were you trying to port/transfer your number?  This can make a huge difference.  Please, tell us a story so we can guide you with some more practical ideas.

@Harryyes - This thread was split out for @valeriem1 to help them with an issue.  If you have your own issues, you're welcome to start a new thread.  Otherwise, have our ideas helped you?  Sorry you're not getting decent service but @softech's idea of contacting a Mod may help.  It also depends whether general Telus service in your area is good/bad.  There are a lot of factors here.

@Harryyes   

Are you getting the poor service everywhere or just around a specific area, like your home? 

What kind of phones you are using?  Wonder if it has enough bands that PM needs

Don't give up on Mod.  Mod might be able to reset something on the back end.

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

the public mobile service very good
maybe your area not getting a good Signal,

what your device ?

and what is your issue facing.

Harryyes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

GTA, Ontario

Reset network many times, no help!

Rogers was my provider before.

I am not a fan of Rogers in the least, but the service was 100 times better.

I have given up on these Moderators, really don't go out of their way to be helpful.

Madison_07

Try restarting your phone 

@Harryyes 

Are you in Manitoba? Try....

1. Rebooting your phones.
  2. Toggling Airplane mode on/off.
  3. Removing your sim card for 10 min and reseating it. Reboot.

If these don't improve your reception/service contact the moderators to reprovision your sim cards. Who was your service provider previously?

@valeriem1 

You should have outgoing texts/calling and data. If you ported in your number it can take up to 2 hours to complete. However you must reply YES to the porting authorization text sent to you on your old providers sim card within 90 minutes.

If you are still within that time frame put your old sim back in your phone and reply YES to the text. If you have missed that time window then you must reinitiate your port request by either contacting the moderators or calling the telus porting department.

Contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and typing "port request" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

I will private message you the porting department phone #. Look for it in the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen.

Harryyes

I have 3 phones with Public.

I have only used Public for a little over a month and the service is awful.

We each have dropped calls and terribly inconsistent telephone transmission and reception so much so that it has become unsafe to use this service because it cannot be relied upon when needed.

I would leave right away but because it is prepaid and each of us has the $50 plan I will go for a bit longer and then leave even though I have a free month from the signup promotion that enticed us to enroll.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@valeriem1 you replied to a solved thread, so I moved your post out to its own thread for better visibility.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@valeriem1  can you provide more information?

did you just activated your service?  If so, are you porting in your number?

can you make outgoing calls no issue?  outgoing text?

How about incoming text?

How about data?

you brand/model of the phone?

Is your phone showing Public Mobile on the top of the screen?

Need Help? Let's chat.