cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

komaljot27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I just tried to activate my Public mobile sim and port my Fido no to public mobile but it said something went wrong and it didn't go through.

I have been charged though.

Need help.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

leviheath

If you're able to call people then it is at least partly working, but the porting is probably not completed! If this issue continues to come up I would contact a moderator, but maybe wait a couple more hours and see if anything changes!

@komaljot27 wrote:

Thanks for your advise.

The payment went through and I have inserted the sim. I got outgoing calls working but no incoming calls yet.

thanks

Did you do a number transfer during the activation process?  It does take 2-4 hours typically to complete a wireless number port, a lot longer for landline numbers.  

@komaljot27 

No incoming just means that porting isn't done. Check again in maybe 30 minutes to a few hours.

You might have to manually set up your self serve account or ask moderator to set that up for you if that doesn't work.

@komaljot27 it takes about 2-3 hours to finish porting. contact moderators if you still can't receive calls beyond that point. 

komaljot27

Thanks for your advise.

The payment went through and I have inserted the sim. I got outgoing calls working but no incoming calls yet.

thanks

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Since your credit card was charged @komaljot27 does your SIM work? Try logging into your self service account.  If that fails, try creating one. If porting, your PM sim should be able to make calls and send texts. Your Fido SIM to receive calls and texts. It can take up to 3 hours for the port to complete. Use your Fido sim, when it stops, your port is complete. If its been over 3 hours, your port is probably stuck. Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@komaljot27 to fix your self serve account contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

@komaljot27 

Insert sim card into your phone to see if the service is working. Also, check if your payment was taken.

Need Help? Let's chat.