cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No calls or text after transferred the number (new account)

enyawsworld
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so i got the 611 text on my phone today for my transferred phone number and a couple of test texts came in. Since then nothing is working and now if i call my nummber it says this customer is unavailable. I have sent in a ticket but need my phone. how long will this take to resolve?

6 REPLIES 6

enyawsworld

i think i have it figured now and thanks. Any remedy advice on the lack of signal strength? I am going to be a pro after all of this!

@enyawsworld Click on the envelope icon near the top of the page.

enyawsworld

so it is not the ported phone number. That is working. Looks like the problem is signal strength. i get one bar only so phone and texts do not come through unless on wifi. The moderator responded and said to not reply to the email but reply by private message. How do i do that?

Thanks for your help!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@enyawsworld wrote:

so i got the 611 text on my phone today for my transferred phone number and a couple of test texts came in. Since then nothing is working and now if i call my nummber it says this customer is unavailable. I have sent in a ticket but need my phone. how long will this take to resolve?

Hi @enyawsworld ,

Well if you sent in a ticket to the Moderators they will likely have a look at your account and make sure everything is up to snuff (provisioned properly, etc).

But in the meantime, you can try some tricks:

*clear any cache data

*going into airplane mode for 5 minutes, then turning it off, reboot your phone.

*remove the SIM, reinsert, reboot your phone.

If you have all the functionalities with Telus SIM, you could use that until it does not work any longer and the Moderators have a chance to check into this.

hope you get up and running soon!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@enyawsworld  Did you restart your phone after you received the 611 message?

@enyawsworld wrote:

Customer unavailble is a message that a caller hears when calling you if you don't have voicemail and either didn't answer or have the phone turned off (or don't have signal).  Since all currently offered plans incdlue voicemail, I believe that all calls are still going to your old carrier. Try putting your old carrier's sim card back in your phone to see if it is working.

The reason you can receive some texts happens to be because they came from within the Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.