cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No PM signal after porting, couldn't connect

avionescu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to port my number to Public Mobile. For 2 days I was not registered on network.

I tried to port my phone number back, but public mobile is dead and I cannot do that either. 

28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@avionescu : Can you find settings for networks like LTE or WCDMA or UMTS or 3G? Can you manually scan for and find and connect to Public Mobile?

Have you contacted the moderators to try to solve the problem?

check your inbox. The envelope icon on top, click on it

hTideGnow_0-1626102933267.png

we are not supposed to post it here

avionescu

What number did you send me? 

I WOULD HAVE CALLED IT IMMEDIATELY.

Pls provide it again. 

avionescu

The phone is a Samsung -A520W

Anonymous
Not applicable

@avionescu : Please review way back on page 1 a post from user darlicious. You have been ported over to here. Your account is set up. It's that your phone is not working for some reason. Due to that reason, you won't be able to port back out because obviously you can't receive that text to say yes to.

So get with the moderators to do whatever with your account and then use the service for the month to get the value of your money.

Can you please tell us your phone make/model/submodel?

@avionescu   Take a step back.  before you can move the number back to Freedom, we have to confirm if the number is successfully arrived in PM.    Freedom has released the number.  PM has to accepted it and has  properly setup BEFORE YOU CAN PORT IT BACK OUT TO Freedom

i would suggest you call the number I sent you to confirm the PORT was completed successfully and the number is in PM.

If that is the case, we can discuss about what to do after.

avionescu

My number was not completely ported according to my attempts to use it. I get the msg that I am not registered on the network. Somehow i still have access to my email.

FREEDOM said that you should send me a text or email inviting me to accept the porting back to Freedom . I am waiting. 

@avionescu   Did you call the number I sent you in Community inbox and have PM to confirm if the number is currently in PM?  or if the number is not completely ported

I sent you a phone number to call.  Click the envelope icon on the top right and you will see the number I sent you

avionescu

I never talked on the PM network. I kept getting the msg that I am not "registered on the network".

A real human will always beat a robot in the human communication. 

avionescu

So what is the solution? I understand from FreedomMobile that I am supposed to receive a text or email from you, asking me if I will accept to port my number back to Freedom.

The  P.C. paid for line never worked, so let's hope that I will get this text. 

The public mobile sim card is in my phone.

The strange thing is that I continued throuout this ordeal to have access to my email account.

So this situation where Freedom and Mobile blame each other does not work for me. 

Sorry @avionescu ,  no one can help you to get you number back if you don't want to do anything more.   We are just customers like you.  Most of us here are not teenages, too.  We put in our time to try to help as much as possible.  But it is your account and your number,  you have to work with Mod with their current support model.

I have sent you a number to call about the porting status. Did you call them?  did they confirm the porting was completed or stuck?

avionescu

I am not a teenager who can engage in this kind of communication. I have a job, ill parents and a child. Plus dogs. I just want my phone number back. 

@avionescu wrote:

Hello again,

I am stuck in the twilight zone in between Freedom Mobile and Public Mobile.

I do not have time for all this texting, as I have a job, ill parents, and child responsibilities. I am a real person and this online texting thing is not for me. 

Freedom mobile (real person) tells me that they did release me, which they did, as I clicked "yes"  to I wanted to transfer. However, I never had service with PC and I do not want to try to be with PC anymore, even though I have paid. I just want my phone number back, as I needed it for my life.

Due to this problem, I bought a new phone and paid for new carrier. I still need my old phone number back. 

@avionescu 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  If you need your number, you would need to activate your PM account properly and then port the number to your new carrier.  You will need to contact moderator for further help on account issues.  Members of this forum are customers like yourself offering help and advice.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderators take time to respond since the customer service model is online for Public mobile. Check for their responds and answer with as much detail as possible.  Moderators will need to confirm your identity, etc. before helping etc.  

I will move this post to your previous thread from the weekend. 

@avionescu wrote:

However, I never had service with PC and I do not want to try to be with PC anymore, even though I have paid. I just want my phone number back, as I needed it for my life.

Due to this problem, I bought a new phone and paid for new carrier. I still need my old phone number back. 

you meant PM not PC? (PC does have mobile service)

When did you reply YES to freedom?  If the port is completed, maybe it is just a phone setup issue.

avionescu

Hello again,

I am stuck in the twilight zone in between Freedom Mobile and Public Mobile.

I do not have time for all this texting, as I have a job, ill parents, and child responsibilities. I am a real person and this online texting thing is not for me. 

Freedom mobile (real person) tells me that they did release me, which they did, as I clicked "yes"  to I wanted to transfer. However, I never had service with PC and I do not want to try to be with PC anymore, even though I have paid. I just want my phone number back, as I needed it for my life.

OP has express his frustration and maybe issue is now resolved.  Seems like he was online 2 hours ago but he didn't provide more information.  Let's hope he is busy talking on the phone on PM network.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@avionescu You need to call freedom mobile to unlock your phone. You should have done this before switching providers...

Well he has his own topic/thread now! (This one). Bits and pieces from here and there all nicely organized into one topic. Next some answers and maybe we can get him working. Though it sounds like a bit of a mess for sure.

AE_Collector

true.. @avionescu  should really starts his own thread and provide us more info if he wants to get the issue resolved.

@hTideGnow 

Well, not really, the one you linked to is also a hijacked topic though at least it was from 1 year ago, not another current post being hijacked.

AE_Collector

@avionescu   , you have opened your own thread about your problem:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-PM-signal-after-porting-couldn-t-c...

Let's jump back into your own thread instead of hijacking someone else thread, it's confusing the original poster.  (I wonder if Oracle can help to move his comments back to his own thread)

I have tried to help on your own thread, just need you to answer the questions there so we can help and resolve your issue.

@avionescu 

Some people have good trouble resolution skills and others not so much.

A Good systematic approach to resolving the problem would include starting your own topic here outlining the problem and asking for assistance. You wouldn’t accuse “you did or didn’t do this or that” because you are talking to Public Mobile customers here, not Public Mobile company.

Poor approaches include starting off by dumping a load of trash talk about the provider IN THE MIDDLE OF ANOTHER PERSONS ENQUIRY and the proceeding to take over the topic with your problem. This causes confusion for everyone as some answers will be misinterpreted as to who they were aimed at etc. 

JMHO … AE_Collector

@avionescu 

Aha...there' a few hoops to jump thru first....what has happened is your sim card did not activate correctly and needs to be either reprovisioned and/or reset to your account.  Once that is done by the moderators your services will be working  with your ported freedom number as we know your port completed when your freedom account closed.

You have already paid for your first 30 days at pm why waste that money by porting back out to freedom right away? At least test out pm's service for a few weeks befire you make that decision. You have found the community to ask for help amd we will put you in touch with a moderator who will fix your account.

What plan did you choose? If you used a referral code and signed up for autopay you already have a $12 credit towards your next renewal. You may even ask for a freebie to compensate you for your inconvenience. $15 plan ask for the $5/500 min add on. $25 plan ask for the retailer 6GB add on data on or if you activated on a $35+ plan and didn't add the promocode 2GBBONUS ask them to add it for a reoccuring 2GB monthly plan data bonus (as long as you don't change your plan)and maybe a $10 credit for your sim card.....but ultimately pm can only help you once you alert them of an issue. Ee are there now.....

If you don't like chatbots named simon join the club! Send a private message to the moderators with subject line "incomplete sim card activation-no service since July 6th".

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

avionescu

So,

1. I tried to port my number on Thu, July 6. It was never activated. 

I was porting from Freedom Mobile to you, Public Mobile. 

I clicked yes to a msg from Freedom that yes I wanted to port to public Mobile.

My service is not active with FreedomMOBILE anymore, since JUly6.

However, i kept getting the msg on my cell that I WAS NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK. 

I never had working service with Public Mobile. 

6. Yes, I do have access to the self service account. 

Pls give the ok to Freedom Mobile to take me back. I have a busy life and important matters. 

avionescu

Hello,

I tried to switch from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile on Thursday, July 5.

I NEVER had working services after I gave the ok to FreedomMobile to release me. 

NO CALLING, NO TEXTING - NO RECEIVING AND NO CALLING OR TEXTING.

I have called FREEDOM Mobile to port my number back and  I was told that you, Public Mobile have to send me a msg to allow the porting back. 

BUT, you have not send me such a msg.

You never even registered me in your network, even though I paid you $25 plus $15 for the simcard. 

@avionescu 

If you answer a few questions msybe we can get you where you want to go.....

1. When did you activate?
  2. Did you ever have any working service? If yes....
  3. Texts in/out? Calls in/out? Mobile data?
  4. Who did you port from? Is your service still active with them?
  5. Did you reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes?
  6. Do you have access to your self serve account?

Thr more info you share ( no personal info please) the quicker we can help resolve it.

avionescu

It is a trash company.

I have paid them to, they never activated my line, and now they are not letting me port my number back to my previous carrier. It is like talking to the dead. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@avionescu   What kind of phone is yours?   Where did you get your phone from?  Was it used in another Canadian network before/

It is possible not a PM issue but your phone not have the proper bands used on PM., especially if you have a phone from overseas.

Another question is where is your province /city?  just want to confirm if you have proper PM coverage there

Need Help? Let's chat.