cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

hongdo1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there, I have one question about getting a plan in Publicmobile. I'm using Freedom mobile right now so I want to keep my phone number but instead of using Freedom, I want to use Pubicmobile. How do I do that?

3 REPLIES 3

@hongdo1974 

The quick answer....after following @HALIMACS advice to register your email first for the promos....

1. Make sure your freedom account is active and in good standing.
  2. Have your freedom account # you may have to call them for it.
  3. Activate your pm sim card and port your freedom phone # upon activation.
  4. All you need to enter is the full name on the account, acct # and phone #.
  5. You can test the pm sim card for service but best to wait for freedom to send you the port authorization text. You have 90 minutes to respond YES or NO. 
  6. If YES remove freedom sim (keep it though) put in pm sim card.
  7. You should have data and outgoing calls and texts right away.
  8. Incoming calls/texts can take 2min up to 2hrs. Once you can recieve incoming calling your port is complete if it still goes to freedom voicemail after 2 hrs your port is stuck.
  9. Port stuck? Call the porting dept.*** w/freedom acct# ready.
  10.  Set up/ log into your pm account once you are sent the welcome email and text from pm with your six digit pin code for your self serve account set up/access.

Welcome to public mobile! If you dont have someone to refer you just private message any member and ask for one. Best to have your community profile and pm account email be the same one exactly.

@hongdo1974 wrote:

hi there, I have one question about getting a plan in Publicmobile. I'm using Freedom mobile right now so I want to keep my phone number but instead of using Freedom, I want to use Pubicmobile. How do I do that?

You would need to an unused Public Mobile SIM card and activate a new Public Mobile account. During actiation, you can request that a phone number from Freedom Mobile be transfered to Public. On the number portablility form, use the Freedom account number (include the DBC), but ensure that you leave the IMEI and account PIN fields blank on that form. 

Keep your Freedom Mobile SIM card in your phone during this process as you will need to reply to a text message sent by Freedom to confirm that you have authorized the number port to Public.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @hongdo1974 

There's a few steps you need to take.   

I'd recommend you click on the Get Started tab on top of this page and read the steps.

Before you activate, be sure to sign up for the current promotion and be sure to activate with the same e-mail you used for the promotion.

And if you know someone (friend or family) current with Public Mobile, be sure to ask for their referral code so YOU'LL save $10 on your 2nd bill and they'll get a $1 / month discount on their account.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.