cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New SIM card no service

Alan2515
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same isue here...switching from telus with a new phone and porting # already requested when I bought sim and registered at WalMart.  No service after 5 hours now.  Old phone still has service though....what gives?

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan2515 old service still working indeed mean the port has failed or is stuck.  If you haven't yet, please follow do reach out to the moderator team ASAP for help.  Follow the link that @will13am povided for all the details you need to know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan2515, if Walmart helped with activation and setting up the port, it looks like something failed in this process.  You will need the help of a moderator to resolve the porting issue as ports from Telus are virtually instantaneous. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan2515, are you saying that Walmart went online and registered your sim and requested a PORT?  Walmart "supposedly" only sells the sim and will not activate them.  When I bought my SIM from Walmart they made sure to go over and over that they are not able to give any customer service or have access to the PM systemt to activate the SIM.  Did they give you the information to log in to your self serve account?  I am not sure that Walmart actually activated the sim for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.