cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Customer And Transfer Number

Hunt3r2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  I opened a new account with Public Mobile and asked it to request the transfer of my number from BELL.  BELL says Public Mobile cancelled its request to transfer my number.  I'm guessing that the PM request was made after I cancelled my BELL account (was to be open until May 12th but...).  I have spoken to BELL and they will over ride their system to make the transfer...BUT they need Public Mobile to make a 2nd request to transfer.  Simon, bless his AI talent, does not understand the situation and goes around in circles.  I believe a human needs to address this matter.  I do NOT want to lose the number....  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Hunt3r2

BRAVO!

@Hunt3r2 wrote:

Hi,  I opened a new account with Public Mobile and asked it to request the transfer of my number from BELL.  BELL says Public Mobile cancelled its request to transfer my number.  I'm guessing that the PM request was made after I cancelled my BELL account (was to be open until May 12th but...).  I have spoken to BELL and they will over ride their system to make the transfer...BUT they need Public Mobile to make a 2nd request to transfer.  Simon, bless his AI talent, does not understand the situation and goes around in circles.  I believe a human needs to address this matter.  I do NOT want to lose the number....  Thanks!

When in SIMon, please type "port request".  You may even be able to make the request from within your self serve account as long as there is no open porting request on your Public Mobile account.

Hunt3r2

Thank you LEGO!

With a few hiccups, the assistance and my additional follow up with BELL saw the number transferred.

Several hours yesterday and again this a.m. to do what ought to have been a simple task.

IF I had not contacted BELL to cancel my account after opening the Public Mobile account these difficulties might not have arisen.

Clearly, one should just open a PM account and activate so the other provider simply gets a message to transfer number and cancel.  IF I had done that, I would have seen BELL's message asking for me to confirm YES (or NO).  I did NOT see a message from BELL because it must have cancelled my service before the request for transfer was received.  Then BELL told me that PM had cancelled the request for transfer....

This led to me being frustrated by dear Simon's limited AI capability, my joining the Community and finally after giving BELL a little push seeing the transfer occur.

Thanks again LEGO!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Hunt3r2 wrote:

You should not cancel your account BEFORE you receive an SMS from old provider and reply YES to transfer.

Try calling 1-844-x as suggested or contact MODs for assistance.

Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hunt3r2 Public Mobile number is 1-844-x >> for porting support only!

Need Help? Let's chat.