cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Activation - No Service, Number Porting

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@RyanB Did you contact the moderators as@Jb456 suggested? You can also contact the, directly through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Your SIM may have to be reset.

11 REPLIES 11

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@RyanB  great news! 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

RyanB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All fixed! The issue was a SIM issue as many suspected. Moderator Eddy was prompt and professional and got me up and running in less time than he said it would possibly take. Very happy. I'd actually prefer this method of customer service compaired to calling a top tier cell provider. Great community, thanks all for the help!!

RyanB

I have recieved a reply from a moderator and will keep enveryone posted on the outcome. While reading through the community I noticed someone else with the same first 6 digits of thier phone number (709-222) who also had porting issues due to the number and where its from. They were able to get it resolved by a moderator within 24 hours so I'm hopeful for the same.

Thanks for the help so far everyone

@RyanB 

In the interim while you wait for moderators be sure to set up your autopay for a $2 reward every 30 days.

To do so. Log into your account and click "Payment" then "Manage autopay"

Screenshot_20200201_045056.jpg

Also if you used a friend or family members referral code when signing up at Walmart. The $10 signup bonus will be credited to your account within 72 hours.

The $1, it stays as credit in your account, and is applied to the next payment cycle. It sometimes kick starts your service. You could also choose to ignore it and just wait on the moderators.

@RyanB wrote:

@gblackma 

iTunes - No luck

SIM in and restart - No luck

Airplane mode - No luck

I did not do the manual payment as you suggested, can you explain the puropose of this one?

Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@RyanB wrote:

@gblackma 

iTunes - No luck

Airplane mode - No luck

I did not do the manual payment as you suggested, can you explain the puropose of this one?

Thanks

Don't try the manual payment. It sounds like your sim is not provisened properly.

You will meet to wait for @CS_Agent to investigate your issue.

RyanB

@gblackma 

iTunes - No luck

Airplane mode - No luck

Thanks

RyanB

@Jb456 Tried plugging into iTunes and the phone was currently up to date, no software updates avail.

@RyanB There are a few tricks that we could try while we wait for moderator response. 

1. @Jb456 iTunes.. 

2. Put  the sim in and restart your phone

3. Place the sim in airplane mode for 5 minutes,  remove and restart.

4. Make a manual one time payment of $1 to your self service/ my  account. Restart your phone.

@RyanB wrote:

@gblackma I have sent a pm to the moderators but have not recieved a response yet.

RyanB

@gblackma I have sent a pm to the moderators but have not recieved a response yet.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@RyanB  here's what you can do.

First - in order to have a self serve account you have to have a number. Since you're able to log into your account and see active it means you have a number.

Click "change plan"

Next page on top left. Under "Change my base plan" it should show a number. dont post it here as it's public forums.

Second- Plug your phone into iTunes and see if it pushes any updates to the phone. If it does, reboot phone and see if you get service.

Third - It might be that the sim card is not provisened properly. You will need to contact the moderators to investigate this issue.

Two options to contact Moderators.

1- via SIMon the chat bot.

Simon.JPG

2- via private message to moderators at link below. 

Click this CLICK ME 

Need Help? Let's chat.