cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just switched from Telus - Cellular network doesn't come up shows "No service"

Henk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I answered over e-Mail but have not got any response, Maybe I don't know how this community works but it is now already 5 days ago. This what I wrote:

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your e-mail,

The IMEI of the phone is the joint of all the numbers that I supply already on the e-mail but I will give it you again.

IMEI 1: +++++++
IMEI 2: +++++++

I explained in the e-mail that willmyphone.net doesn’t recognize the brand and the model of the phone. So also not the IMEI.

Henk
4 REPLIES 4

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Henk, sorry to hear that you have not heard back from the moderators for 5 days, they are totally pretty quick.

If your phone supports Public Mobile's network frequencies and you're getting the "No Service" error, it probably means something went wrong during the activation process. That means you will have to reach out to the moderators for help, send them another message following the instructions that @Luddite provided above.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Henk, willmyphonework is a very "North America" centric site.  If the brand is not found there, it is a good chance it won't work here.  Another site I like to use is frequencycheck.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/brands

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Henk  You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

Because this is a public forum never post personal info; your IMEI number has been deleted.

What is make/model of your phone?

What message do you see on the phone when you reboot with the SIM installed?

Though it does sound like a provisioning error that will need the moderators. By email did you mean private message? If not, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

akvk9500
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry to hear. I used the private message function. Send message to moderator_team. You may be experiencing an activation problem. I'm a little confused about what that website is, doesn't look to be legit.

Need Help? Let's chat.