cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just changed to public mobile last night , everything works fine except incoming calls fail

jess-6129
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just changed to public mobile last night , everthing works great except incoming calls fail . Whats the problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jess-6129 If you requested the transfer of your old cell phone number, then the port-in has likely failed. 

Try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically.

If your port-in of a cell number has stalled more than 3 hours (10 days for a landline)  you will need moderator assistance. If so, send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Include the following info:

• PM SIM card number
  • old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill. The DBC part listed in a Freedom account is considered part of Freedom Mobile account number.
  • old carrier phone number
  • the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

BTW: You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BGKK5153
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a similar problem over a year ago when I was in a fringe reception area. Could you check your phone and see whatthe signal strength is ...in dB, not signal bars. Signal bars are a very poor indicator as 3 bars  can be a much different signal strength on a different phone so is not very useful. You should be able to go into your settings , perha[ps then "about phone" then perhaps "SIM status". to see this readout. Its actual location is likely different on different phones. In your phone's manual you might be able to search for "signal strength". If your signal strength is in the range of -98dB or less that might be the problem, however some phones can handle weaker signals without problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.