cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Invalid SIM

sbmcgc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue: I entered all my details and after clicking the last page on credit card information, i got an error message. I went in again and then it says my SIM is invalid.

I cannot submit a moderator ticket as I have no active Public Mobile Account so I cannot complete the verification process at the end where you enter your account info or PIN.

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sbmcgc 

Try the live chatting option reserved for activation assistance:

Online Activation Assistance

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Try this. 

Start the activation page. Enter the SIM # and move to next field. Is there an error message on the SIM. If yes it is likely telling you that the SIM is registered to an account. Triple check your SIM card entry. 

If trying this only a few minutes after the intiial activation attempt, trying this procedure would not yield any results. This is because after an activation is started, trying the SIM card number again will always report the SIM card number as invalid unless the preset time has elapsed before attempting the activation again. 

@sbmcgc wrote:

I am having the same issue: I entered all my details and after clicking the last page on credit card information, i got an error message. I went in again and then it says my SIM is invalid.

I cannot submit a moderator ticket as I have no active Public Mobile Account so I cannot complete the verification process at the end where you enter your account info or PIN.

If the service is working, you might not even need a moderator's help. My readings have pointed to be to situations in which the customer only needs to manually create a new self serve account some of the time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sbmcgc , as already mentioned, your SIM is likely session locked unless payment has been taken.  In any event, it you do need to contact the moderator team and you cannot supply self serve account login information, you can use the following direct link to private message the moderator team.

@sbmcgc 

Make sure that your credit card was not charged first.  

If not charged, you can try again.  Maybe give it one hour.  Clear cache, incognito mode or different web browser.  

If charged, put in your SIM card to see if everything works. 

Edit: I will start a new thread for your topic.  

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Try this. 

Start the activation page. Enter the SIM # and move to next field. Is there an error message on the SIM. If yes it is likely telling you that the SIM is registered to an account. Triple check your SIM card entry. 

Need Help? Let's chat.