cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Incoming calls go directly to voice mail

richardx2002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been having this same problem ever since i switched from an andriod to an iphone. i'm paying my bills and i need my phone on immediately for work. someone please contact me with information why my i can only make outgoing calls, incoming calls are going directly to voicemail.

11 REPLIES 11

@balvinder wrote:

thank you but wifes phone currently is not working at all for incoming or outgoing even though it shows public mobile and 3g 

@balvinder 

Can you switch your wife's SIM into your phone (which works if I understand correctly?) and see if it works?

balvinder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you but wifes phone currently is not working at all for incoming or outgoing even though it shows public mobile and 3g 

@balvinder wrote:

I switched back to android and manually selected public mobile 3g and it seems to working so far 

So it suggests that the problem is on the network side even though I should be getting 4G / LTE it has been downgraded I suppose ?

thank you 

@balvinder 

The issue is related to some update/upgrade work on infrastructure by telcos.

It should eventually be resolved and you can go back to 4G. Maybe a few days or couple of weeks, nobody knows for sure.

balvinder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched back to android and manually selected public mobile 3g and it seems to working so far 

So it suggests that the problem is on the network side even though I should be getting 4G / LTE it has been downgraded I suppose ?

thank you 

Could be DND or call block. 

@richardx2002 

Is the iPhone brand new or an used one?  Does texting work?  Data?  

You could try rebooting your phone or network reset. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@richardx2002 

This being just a new thread, perhaps you could have made your own thread rather than jumping in on this one.

It's been moved to a new thread.

@Vinsat @richardx2002 With iPhone if you have numbers blocked that are unknown it will do this. My wifes iPhone 11 was doing this. Go into settings and make sure you set your phone to receive unknown calls and not silence unknown calls. 

Hope thisnis helpful have a good evening.

@Anonymous I bet it's DND

Anonymous
Not applicable

@richardx2002 wrote:

I've been having this same problem ever since i switched from an andriod to an iphone. i'm paying my bills and i need my phone on immediately for work. someone please contact me with information why my i can only make outgoing calls, incoming calls are going directly to voicemail.

@richardx2002 

This being just a new thread, perhaps you could have made your own thread rather than jumping in on this one.

What model iphone is it? Did you get the phone new? Has it been registered all up with Apple servers (I get into murky waters here). Do you have Do Not Disturb on?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@richardx2002 try checking your call forwarding status

or dial this ##004# and then test and see if you can receive a call 

Need Help? Let's chat.