cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I need to re-do my port into PM

Rpenney1998
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help...

I ported over to Public Mobile from Bell, Paid my first bill of $46.00 on May 15th

Right now, I'm paying for PM & Bell Mobility.

Bell Mobility are telling me that PM needs to notify Bell Mobility that I ported over.

Help !!

8 REPLIES 8

@Rpenney1998 

If you still have your bell sim card put it back in your phone and then either contact the moderators or call the telus porting department as instructed in @Triguy 's post to reintitiate your port request.

Reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it. Once your services on the bell sim card cease your port is complete. This takes a few minutes to a maximum 2 hours. Your pm sim card will be fully functioning at that point. Once you put your pm sim card back in the phone make sure you reboot your phone.

If you no longer have your bell sim card follow @smcameron 's procedure outlined in the first post of this thread.

Welcome to public mobile!

@Rpenney1998 wrote:

Hi 

Please help...

I have my number with PM since mid May & I am currently paying for Bell & PM , 

@Rpenney1998   Look like the Porting request wasn't successful.

If you call your own number, would PM phone ring?  or Bell?

I hope you still have your Bell SIM card with you and haven't throw away. If you don't have the Bell SIM, you might not be able to complete the porting

either way, open a ticket with Mod and see how they can help

(After ticket open, monitor the Community inbox here - Envelope icon on to right, Mod will communicate and would with you via inbox message here)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rpenney1998
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

Please help...

I have my number with PM since mid May & I am currently paying for Bell & PM , 

@hTideGnow wrote:

I wonder what will happen if port never completed.   Technically, there is no valid number assigned to this account yet

Upon submission of a porting request, Public Mobile immedaitely assigns the phone number that has been request to the Public Mobile account, whether it was done at the time of activation or aftwards.  After a prolonged period of time (I'm pretty sure it's 30 days), the customer will be forced to change the phone number on the Public Mobile account if porting has not yet been completed.

I wonder what will happen if port never completed.   Technically, there is no valid number assigned to this account yet

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rpenney1998 

May 15th!! You are way past  the text authorization point of approving the port.

Do all your public  mobile  services work? If so, maybe  it's a Bell billing  issue?

If your PM services are not working, I would submit a ticket to the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rpenney1998 

Did you leave your Bell SIM in the phone to confirm the text with a YES that you are porting over to PM? There is a 90 minute window for you to confirm. 
This is required to complete the porting but since this is well over the time window.

You will need to contact a PM moderator as noted by @hTideGnow instructions.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Rpenney1998 

The original request was like long ago. 

I will private message you a number to contact.  It is the porting team.  Check with them the status to see if you can re-trigger the porting (You do need to still have the Bell SIM with you.  Put the Bell SIM in a phone, wait for a Bell SMS to confirm you are leaving and reply within 90 mins)

Need Help? Let's chat.