cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How easy is it to switch from Telus to Public Mobile? Non-techie user here...

Jeff4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched 4 phones today. 3 took about 5 minutes each and 1 so far has been 24 hours. All from the same Telus account. So I think depends on your luck.

6 REPLIES 6

MasonH

I've gone through about 8 differnet phones in the last 6 months, all from different networks and when I switched each phone over to public mobile, it took about 2-3 minutes to switch over. keep in mind the older the phone the longer it may take but shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Hope that helps! 

Jeff4

All 4 phones now up and running. Now I've got more data than I can ever use at lower cost than Telus. We keep our phones for many years so bring your own device not a problem. Don't know what the issue was on the one phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slash407 wrote:

i literal;ly switched from telus to PM it was the most smoothest, painless thing i did in a while, i ported my number.

Well it would be kinda pointless if you just switched metaphorically. 🙂

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow 40% is Huge, Are you also getting more in addition to the 40%?  I know with messaging you are definitely getting more, with Telus messaging is only nationwide or if a really old Telus Plan then you have north America messaging Where with Public Mobile you get Canada/USA/International 

@Jeff4 wrote:

Thanks Luddite,

Keeping that phone on Telus sim until I get notice of transfer. I sent a message to moderators right away and got a reply a few hours later but the issue has now gone to tech department. Not too concerned. Hopefully will be solved soon? Been with Telus for 20+ years so what's a few days. And my phone bill will be about 40% less!!

Jeff4

Thanks Luddite,

Keeping that phone on Telus sim until I get notice of transfer. I sent a message to moderators right away and got a reply a few hours later but the issue has now gone to tech department. Not too concerned. Hopefully will be solved soon? Been with Telus for 20+ years so what's a few days. And my phone bill will be about 40% less!!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeff4 Great that 3 went so well. If you have been waiting 24 hours for the last one, it suggests that your port-in has failed. In that situation your Telus SIM should still be working. Please do not close your Telus acoount; it must be active for the transfer to take place. 

Suggest you click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional 

information on contacting the moderator team.

Also, you have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or, if appropriate, sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.